John Kerry - Another Good Read.....

PeachyPoo

Expert Expediter
As I was always taught, inform yourself, and make your own choices.
BUT......
Senator Kerry:

Since it has become clear that you will probably be the Democratic nominee for President, I have spent a great deal of time researching your war record and your record as a professional politician. The reason is simple, you aspire to be the Commander in Chief who would lead my sons and their fellow soldiers in time of war. I simply wanted to know if you possess the necessary qualifications to be trusted in that respect.

You see, I belong to a family of proud U.S. veterans. I was a Captain in the Army Reserve, my father was a decorated Lieutenant in World War II; and I have four sons who have either served, or are currently serving in the military. The oldest is an Army Lieutenant still on active duty in Afghanistan after already being honored for his service in Iraq. The youngest is an E-4 with the military police. His National Guard unit just finished their second tour of active duty, including six months in Guantanamo Bay. My two other sons have served in the national guard and the navy.

In looking at your record I found myself comparing it not only to that of my father and my sons, but to the people they served with. My father served with the 87th Chemical Mortar Battalion in Europe. They landed on Utah Beach and fought for 317 straight days including the Cherbourg Peninsula, Aachen, the Hurtgen Forest, and the Battle of the Bulge. You earned a Silver Star in Vietnam for chasing down and finishing off a wounded and retreating enemy soldier. My father won a Bronze Star for single handily charging and knocking out a German machine gun nest that had his men pinned down. You received three purple hearts for what appears to be three minor scratches.
In fact you only missed a combined total of two days of duty for these wounds. The men of my father's unit, the 87th, had to be abmonished by their commanding officer because: "It has been brought
to our attention that some men are covering up wounds and refusing medical attention for fear of being evacuated and permanently separated from this organization..." It was also a common problem for seriously wounded soldiers to go AWOL from hospitals in order to rejoin their units. You used your three purple hearts to leave Vietnam early.

My oldest boy came home from Iraq with numerous commendations and then proceeded to volunteer to go to Afghanistan and from there back to Iraq again. My sons and father have never had anything but the highest regard and respect for their fellow soldiers. Yet, you came home to publicly charge your fellow fighting men with being war criminals and to urge their defeat by the enemy. You even wrote a book that had a cover which mocked the heroism of the U.S. Marines who raised the flag on Iwo Jima. Our current crop of soldiers has a philosophy that no one gets left behind; and they have practiced that from Somalia to the battlefields of the Middle East. Yet as chairman of a Senate committee looking into allegations that many of your fellow servicemen had been left behind as prisoners in Vietnam, you chose to defend the brutal Vietnamese regime. You even went so far as to refer to the families of the POWs and MIAs as Professional malcontents, conspiracy mongers, con artists, and dime-store Rambos.

As a Senator you voted against the 1991 Gulf War, and have repeatedly voted against funds to supply our troops with the best equipment, and against money to improve our intelligence capability. I find this particularly ironic since as a Presidential candidate you are highly critical of our pre-war intelligence in Iraq. However, you did vote to authorize the President to go to war, but have since proceeded to do everything you can to undermine the efforts of our gover nment and our troops to win. Is this what our fighting men and women can expect of you if you are their Commander in Chief? Will you gladly send them to war, only to then aid the enemy by undermining the morale of our troops and cutting off the weapons they need to win?

Our country is at war Senator, and as has been the case in every war since the American Revolution, a member of my family is serving their country during the war. Now you want me to trust you to lead my sons in this fight.

Sorry Senator, but when I compare your record to those who have fought and died for this nation, and are currently fighting and dying, the answer is not just no, but Hell No!

Sincerely,

Michael Connelly
February 14, 2004 Dallas, Texas

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
this should be published in the serviceman's newspaper 'Stars and Stripes'.

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
ALSO WITH THE QUESTION? HEY GEORGE BUSH JR. WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU FOR THE PAST 12 MONTHS? CAN YOU ABBREVIATE ABSENCE WITHOUT LEAVE? NEVER HEARD THAT ANSWER HUH? AND GEE THAT WAS WHILE YOU WERE IN THE NATIONAL GUARD!NOT NAM BUT THE NATIONAL GUARD, AND LET'S SEE NOW WHAT WAS YOUR PUNISHMENT? OR DID DAD BAIL YOU OUT JUST LIKE HE BAILED OUT THE SAVINGS AND LOAN THAT YOUR BROTHER GOT CAUGHT UP IN!

IS MICHAEL CONNELLY ANY RELATION TO GOV. CONNELLY WHO IS A REPUBLICAN? ALSO I'D LIKE TO BE ABLE TO RESEARCH MY OWN SERVICE RECORDS BUT WAS TOLD THAT I'D NEED A COURT ORDER SO HOW DID MR. CONNELLY EVER GET AHOLD OF KERRYS MILITARY RECORDS?

AND IS THIS THE SAME MICHAEL CONNELLY THAT GOES HUNTING FOR DOVE ON THE CRAWFORD RANCH IN TX.

ALSO KERRY WAS IN NAM FOR TWO TOURS WHICH WAS FOR AT LEAST 2 YEARS. I KNOW BECAUSE I WAS IN NAM FOR 28 MONTHS,I THOUGHT THE POLICE ACTION WAS WRONG TOO!

TO SUM IT UP! JR. IS JUST TRYING TO PICK UP THE PIECES THAT HIS DADDY DROPPED, AND IT'S EASY TO SEND SOMEONES ELSES SON OR DAUGHTER TO WAR WHEN YOU YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WARS ALL ABOUT! OR YOU CAN BE FOUND EXEMPT YOURSELF!

WHY IS IRAQ GETTING ALMOST FREE GAS AND FREE MEDICAL FROM OUR POCKETS? COULD IT BE THAT THE BUSH OIL CARTEL COULD PROFIT DOWN THE ROAD? LET'S SEE NOW $1.78 FOR DIESEL WHICH IS A BY PRODUCT OF RECYCLED OIL.

TO MICHAEL CONNELLY................PRIDE GOITH BEFORE A FALL!!!!!!!

OHHHHHHH! MICHAEL YOU DO KNOW THAT JR. IS NOT A TEXAN DON'T YOU???????.............RESEARCH THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!signed ANN RICHARDS

JUST WONDERING THAT'S ALL????

SHARP327 :p :p :p :p :p

Turbod_86_stang

Expert Expediter
>ALSO WITH THE QUESTION? HEY GEORGE BUSH JR. WHERE THE HELL
>WERE YOU FOR THE PAST 12 MONTHS? CAN YOU ABBREVIATE ABSENCE
>WITHOUT LEAVE? NEVER HEARD THAT ANSWER HUH? AND GEE THAT WAS
>WHILE YOU WERE IN THE NATIONAL GUARD!NOT NAM BUT THE
>NATIONAL GUARD, AND LET'S SEE NOW WHAT WAS YOUR PUNISHMENT?
>OR DID DAD BAIL YOU OUT JUST LIKE HE BAILED OUT THE SAVINGS
>AND LOAN THAT YOUR BROTHER GOT CAUGHT UP IN!
>

Do you have any sources to back up your accusations? Bush released his national gaurd records to the public, I am sure you can find your answers there.
>
>HOW DID MR. CONNELLY EVER GET AHOLD OF KERRYS MILITARY
>RECORDS?
>
I myself am still waiting to see Kerry's record. I dunno how he got hold of it. Apparently it's not tit-fo-tat and far as records are concerned.
>
>
> ALSO KERRY WAS IN NAM FOR TWO TOURS WHICH WAS FOR AT
>LEAST 2 YEARS. I KNOW BECAUSE I WAS IN NAM FOR 28 MONTHS,I
>THOUGHT THE POLICE ACTION WAS WRONG TOO!
>
Fact: Kerry was in Vietnam for 4 months and 11 days.

> TO SUM IT UP! JR. IS JUST TRYING TO PICK UP THE PIECES
>THAT HIS DADDY DROPPED, AND IT'S EASY TO SEND SOMEONES ELSES
>SON OR DAUGHTER TO WAR WHEN YOU YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WARS
>ALL ABOUT! OR YOU CAN BE FOUND EXEMPT YOURSELF!
>
Did you support Clinton when he took military action in Somolia, Rwanda, Kosovo etc... I mean how did he know when to use force, he was a DRAFT DODGER. So going by your logic he couldn't understand or justify using force because he hasn't been there?

> WHY IS IRAQ GETTING ALMOST FREE GAS AND FREE MEDICAL
>FROM OUR POCKETS? COULD IT BE THAT THE BUSH OIL CARTEL
>COULD PROFIT DOWN THE ROAD? LET'S SEE NOW $1.78 FOR DIESEL
>WHICH IS A BY PRODUCT OF RECYCLED OIL.
>
Assuming what you're sayin about oil and medical is true, don't you think it would be better to get them on their feet now while we are there so when we are gone they can be a nation to prosper like they should instead of another 3rd world disaster that we end up sending seemingly endless amounts of money to? And don't you think Bush would like oil prices to be lower so that he looks better and gets more votes? Oh I suppose he himself is jacking prices and lining his buddies pockets...
>
>

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
WELL IN RESPONSE TO YOUR QUESTIONS/RESPONSES I MUST SAY THAT ALL THIS BICKERING BACK AND FOURTH ABOUT KERRYS MILITARY RECORDS IS A BUNCH OF CRAP! AS FOR BUSH'S MILITARY RECORD JUST READ THE RESUME DISCUSSION AND THE POST BY MCBRIDE.

I'D REALLY LIKE TO FIND OUT HOW MANY KERRY BASHERS OUT THERE WERE EVER IN A WAR THEMSELVES? MAKING A DECISION TO SEND SOME ONE ELSES SON OR DAUGHTER TO WAR SEEMS TO BE PRETTY EASY HERE LATELY! I WONDER HOW MANY PEOPLE OUT THERE HAVE SEEN THIER FRIEND EXPLODE RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM?, WAR MY FRIENDS IS NOTHING LIKE THE SIX OCLOCK NEWS! THOSE ARE REAL PEOPLE! THEY ARE NOT ACTORS! THE THE LITTLE KIDS THAT WILL GROW UP WITH OUT A MOM OR DAD ARE REAL TOO! AND LET'S NOT FORGET ABOUT THE MOMS AND DADS OUT THERE! THAT'LL NEVER GET TO SEE THEIR CHILD AGAIN!

AND IF I WAS INCORRECT ABOUT THE TIME KERRY WAS IN NAM I APOLOGIZE!!!!!!!! BUT I MUST SAY THIS! EVEN 4 MONTHS IN NAM OR IN ANY OTHER WAR SEEMS LIKE AN ETERNITY! AND THE WORST NIGHTMARE YOU'VE EVER HAD! AND A NIGHTMARE YOU'LL HAVE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!

WHY CAN'T WE JUST FOCUS ON ISSUES AND AND MAKE OUR CHOICES FROM THAT AND NOT FROM WHAT WE CAN PULL FROM UNDER A ROCK TO BASH THE OTHER CANDIDATE WITH? AND THAT GOES FOR ME TOO! I KNOW WHO I'M VOTING FOR ALREADY! AND I THANK GOD I'M AN AMERICAN AND I WILL VOTE FOR THE PERSON THAT I FEEL WILL PRESERVE WHAT WE'VE FOUGHT FOR IN THE PAST AND WILL NOT GO TO WAR JUST TO INCREASE THEIR WEALTH. WOOOPS I DID IT AGAIN HUH?

YA KNOW IT JUST CAME TO ME THAT WHEN LITTLE KIDS START NAME CALLING IT'S USUALY BECAUSE THEY FEEL INFERIOR AND NAME CALLING IS THE BEST THING THEY CAN COME UP WITH TO GET BACK AT THOSE THEY ARE AFRAID OF!

IN CLOSING! MAKE SURE YOU GET OUT AND VOTE! IT'S YOUR RIGHT AND RESPONSIBILITY TO KEEP THIS COUNTRY GREAT, AND HOPEFULLY NO ONE WILL STEAL THE PRESIDENCY AGAIN! OOOOOPS NOT AGAIN!

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE
SHARP327

:)

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I know...steal the presidency. Ya know, the constitution is there for a reason. You can't just bypass it when something doesn't go your way... including an ELECTION WON BY ELECTORAL VOTES! So I think someone else needs to get over it.
Like it or not, war IS an issue in this election. Yep...some kids will grow up without moms and dads. At least 3000 of them from Sept 11. And you know what? Alot of kids will grow up in Iraq knowing what freedom is. Terrorism isn't going to stop because we elect a man with no backbone, who turns whichever way the winds of public opinion are blowing. Tried that in the past... Mr Clinton fell asleep at the wheel when it came to terrorism. But at least the sex was good ;)
So think about it when you go to the polls. Excercise your DUTY as Americans and vote, cause if you don't, you don't have a right to b****.

ACE

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I am more concerned in what John Kerry has done since he has been a Senator than what he did in the 60's and 70's.

I live in a battle ground state and I see allot of ads stating he has a plan to hire 500,000 new teachers.Stop job losses from closing plants,and outsourcing. He could introduce bills as a Senator to address these problems. Why hasn't he done so ?

He would like to be President. Why haven't his fellow Democrats elected him to a leadership role in the Senate ?

He states that he would have been able to persuade our allies to join us in Iraq.
What major Legislation has he sponsered and was he able to convince his fellow Senators to pass ?

He has been a politician much of his life and he has not had to punch a clock in a factory, started a business,worry about his health care , worry about retirement benefits being lost, living from paycheck to paycheck like so many Americans do.

I believe he has no clue what life is really like for the middle class and the poor.

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
For those who are sitting on the fence on who to vote for this Novemember buy this book http://www.thenewsoldierbook.com/index.html

This is a book written by John Kerry in the 70's after he become a war protestor. The Kerry campaign is doing their level best to keep this book supressed.

I think you will find Kerry's word shocking at best. If you read this book remember this man wants to be your president.

docmurray

Expert Expediter
Ran into this article.

I concurr with Ollie and yes I was there. Corpsman, 2nd Bn 1st Marines

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=4908

A letter from Oliver North

August 27, 2004

"Of course, the president keeps telling people he would never question my service to our country. Instead, he watches as a Republican-funded attack group does just that. Well, if he wants to have a debate about our service in Vietnam, here is my answer: 'Bring it on.'"

-- Sen. John Kerry

Dear John,

As usual, you have it wrong. You don't have a beef with President George Bush about your war record. He's been exceedingly generous about your military service. Your complaint is with the 2.5 million of us who served honorably in a war that ended 29 years ago and which you, not the president, made the centerpiece of this campaign.

I talk to a lot of vets, John, and this really isn't about your medals or how you got them. Like you, I have a Silver Star and a Bronze Star. I only have two Purple Hearts, though.

I turned down the others so that I could stay with the Marines in my rifle platoon. But I think you might agree with me, though I've never heard you say it, that the officers always got more medals than they earned and the youngsters we led never got as many medals as they deserved.

This really isn't about how early you came home from that war, either, John. There have always been guys in every war who want to go home. There are also lots of guys, like those in my rifle platoon in Vietnam, who did a full 13 months in the field. And there are, thankfully, lots of young Americans today in Iraq and Afghanistan who volunteered to return to war because, as one of them told me in Ramadi a few weeks ago, "the job isn't finished."

Nor is this about whether you were in Cambodia on Christmas Eve, 1968. Heck John, people get lost going on vacation. If you got lost, just say so. Your campaign has admitted that you now know that you really weren't in Cambodia that night and that Richard Nixon wasn't really president when you thought he was. Now would be a good time to explain to us how you could have all that bogus stuff "seared" into your memory -- especially since you want to have your finger on our nation's nuclear trigger.

But that's not really the problem, either. The trouble you're having, John, isn't about your medals or coming home early or getting lost -- or even Richard Nixon. The issue is what you did to us when you came home, John

When you got home, you co-founded Vietnam Veterans Against the War and wrote "The New Soldier," which denounced those of us who served -- and were still serving -- on the battlefields of a thankless war. Worst of all, John, you then accused me -- and all of us who served in Vietnam -- of committing terrible crimes and atrocities.

On April 22, 1971, under oath, you told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee that you had knowledge that American troops "had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the country side of South Vietnam." And you admitted on television that "yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed."

And for good measure you stated, "(America is) more guilty than any other body, of violations of (the) Geneva Conventions ... the torture of prisoners, the killing of prisoners."

Your "antiwar" statements and activities were painful for those of us carrying the scars of Vietnam and trying to move on with our lives. And for those who were still there, it was even more hurtful. But those who suffered the most from what you said and did were the hundreds of American prisoners of war being held by Hanoi. Here's what some of them endured because of you, John:

Capt. James Warner had already spent four years in Vietnamese custody when he was handed a copy of your testimony by his captors. Warner says that for his captors, your statements "were proof I deserved to be punished." He wasn't released until March 14, 1973.

Maj. Kenneth Cordier, an Air Force pilot who was in Vietnamese custody for 2,284 days, says his captors "repeated incessantly" your one-liner about being "the last man to die" for a lost cause. Cordier was released March 4, 1973.

Navy Lt. Paul Galanti says your accusations "were as demoralizing as solitary (confinement) ... and a prime reason the war dragged on." He remained in North Vietnamese hands until February 12, 1973.

John, did you think they would forget? When Tim Russert asked about your claim that you and others in Vietnam committed "atrocities," instead of standing by your sworn testimony, you confessed that your words "were a bit over the top." Does that mean you lied under oath? Or does it mean you are a war criminal? You can't have this one both ways, John. Either way, you're not fit to be a prison guard at Abu Ghraib, much less commander in chief.

One last thing, John. In 1988, Jane Fonda said: "I would like to say something ... to men who were in Vietnam, who I hurt, or whose pain I caused to deepen because of things that I said or did. I was trying to help end the killing and the war, but there were times when I was thoughtless and careless about it and I'm ... very sorry that I hurt them. And I want to apologize to them and their families."

Even Jane Fonda apologized. Will you, John?

Oliver North is a nationally syndicated columnist, host of the Fox News Channel's War Stories and founder and honorary chairman of Freedom Alliance.

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I just have to reply to this one. All this talk about Kerry's awards makes me sick. He was awarded them! To question whether he deserved them, it to question the validity of every decoration ever given to any soldier. Did Sgt York REALLY capture all those Germans? How about Audie Murphy? Stop it! Show some respect.

I really don't care about your politics. Just vote in November, and Shut up.

Bob and Hooligan

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
I AGREE WITH ROAD HOOLIGAN! IT REALLY GETS TO ME THAT THE PRESIDENT WHO WENT AWOL FOR 12 MONTHS DURING HIS TIME IN THE NATIONAL GUARD AND THE VICE PRESIDENT MANAGED TO GET 5 DEFIRMAS TO KEEP HIS BUTT OUT OF HARMS WAY! COULD THEN CONDEM SOMEONE THAT DID SERVE, OH! JOHN BROUGHT UP THE MILITARY RECORDS SURE HE DID MAYBE HE WAS PROUD OF SERVING HIS COUNTRY! I WAS THERE FOR 28 MONTHS AND I ALSO THOUGHT THE WAR WAS WRONG! AND I TOO HEARD OF THINGS THAT HAPPENED THERE THAT I'D LIKE TO SAY THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN BUT THEY DID!!! AS FOR PURPLE HEARTS! I WAS PUT UP FOR ONE BUT REFUSED IT BECAUSE IT WAS ONLY A SCRATCH DURING A ROCKET ATTACK.

I WATCHED THE RERUN OF THE RICHARD CAVET SHOW THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OF KERRY DOWN TALKING THE WAR IN NAM AND IT SURE WASN'T ALL IT WAS HACKED UP TO BE BY THOSE CONDEMMING KERRY! IT'S AMAZING HOW A WORD FROM THIS SENTENCE PUT WITH A COUPLE WORDS FROM THAT SENTENCE THEN ADDED TO SOMETHING ELSE THAT WAS SAID EARLIER CAN BE RECONSTRUCTED TO BE SOMETHING THAT SOUNDS LIKE WHAT THE OPPOSITION WANTS YOU TO HEAR! ANYWAY I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA WHERE YOU HAVE THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND THE RIGHT TO EXPRESS YOUR BELIEFS! I ALWAYS KNEW THAT THERE WERE THOSE OUT THERE THAT WOULD WANT TO TAKE THOSE FREEDOMS AWAY FROM US BUT I NEVER KNEW THAT WE'D TRY TO DO IT TO OURSELVES!

I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR A GOOD DEBATE BETWEEN KERRY AND BUSH! BUT THIS PISSING CONTEST IS MAKING ME SICK! LET'S LISTEN TO THE REAL ISSUES IF AND WHEN THEY'RE ADDRESSED!

AND MAY THE BEST MAN REALLY WIN THIS TIME!

THIS IS MY LAST POST ON THIS SUBJECT CAUSE THIS DOG HAS BEEN BEAT TO DEATH LONG ENOUGH, I CAN STILL SAY THAT CAN'T I?

TAKE CARE OUT THERE!
SHARP327 :)

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Sure there are those who would take our freedom of speech...they're called the liberal press. Anyone who doesn't agree with the far left are ridiculed and berated till they look like a criminal.
BTW...W and Cheney aren't questioning his record, I AM! Four months, three purple hearts, and NOT ONE day in the hospital? Logic tells me something stinks here, and it ain't napalm.
He's the "common man" who married into millions, he's a "hero" who tears down those fighting an unpopular war, he's tough on security until it comes time to vote. Will the REALL John Kerry please stand up?

One other thing.... Zell, you ROCK!

zebra1run

Expert Expediter
In trying to consider all thats been said about both candidates and who would be the best choice to lead this nation in the future, take note of the following:

1. Why would the 60+ veterans / Swift Boat Vets that served with Kerry, be so negative about him?

2. Are all these Swift Boat Vets liars or does Kerry tell it like it is? Who should we believe?

3. What is Kerry's game plan for protecting this good ole USA from terrorists and does he support our military might that we now have?

The record shows that Mr. Kerry does not support our military might from his voting record. He's proposed or supported just about every defense cut imaginable in the past.

If he had his way our defense systems would be very weak compared to what they are now and our past military efforts would not have been as successful as they have been. "MORE GOOD MEN AND WOMEN LOST SHOULD WE BE CONFRONTED".

4. Can we all be comfortable voting for a man that by the record says one thing one day and another the next?

As for me, I must support a man that shows by example what he stands for! In the past I have supported more Democrats than Republicans.

While I don't agree with everything Bush does at least I think I know where he stands.

Based on all thats been said and done, I must support Mr. Bush.

YOU'VE GOT TO STAND FOR SOMETHING OR YOU'LL FALL FOR ANYTHING!

Zebra

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It seems to me that since Kerry is running for political office, it would make more sense to run on the record of his political career rather than what happened during 4 months of his life 30 years ago. If he hadn't been so persistant in bringing it to the forefront, it wouldn't have become such a big deal. People who are truly heros don't need to constantly remind people about it.

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
So, I have learned a great deal from you people. Inorder to be a hero you must be confronting an enemy for more that 4 months. All this time, I thought that the Firemen and Police were heros on Sept 11th. Wrong. Also, you must be seriously injured to get a Purple Heart. Do you have to loose a limb?

You talk about how little Kerry has done during his time in the Senate. Perhaps you can tell me what Bush has done to instill your loyality. Was it his ability to turn a surplus into a deficit? Perhaps it was his decision to stop looking for bin Laden and go after the guy who tried to off his daddy.

Road Hooligan

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Hmm Road...I thought we were back into defecit before Clinton left office. And, of course, there's the little thing called 911...but we can't claim our economy heading south because of that. Doesn't matter who is in office, there is a cycle of recession/boom. Just depends what that president does to make it better or worse. Other than that, the president has little more to do with the economy than you or I.

We haven't given up on hunting bin Laden. There are thousands of troops there on the hunt. Sounds to me that you've already made up your mind on whom you're voting for, and just want to spout mis-information in order to either get people to join your side, or taunt people who know what's going on, instead of listening to the dribble one party line or the other regurgitates.

Personally, I WOULD vote for a democrat if any did the following:
put America before their ambitions; not go out to destroy anyone who thought differently than they did; didn't try to take half my paycheck; supported our cause in Iraq. Unfortunately, Zell Miller and Joe Lieberman aren't running, and I don't live in GA or CT. I don't think W. is the best our country has to offer. But he has an agenda, and those who don't like us knows he has TEETH! I stand behind him cause I would like to see Iran and Syria next!!!

PeachyPoo

Expert Expediter
Ok what is a hero? A hero is anyone that goes up and beyond the call of duty. As for the deficit comment. The last President to balance the budget was a Democrat. Great! BUT it was a Republican House and Senate. Economics is a funny creature. Let’s start back at the beginning of Clinton's Presidency. His first 4 years were good. We saw growth. Yet the first 4 years were actually Bush Sr's plans that caused that. The last 4 years of Clinton's presidency we declined. Well guess what...That was the first 4 years of policy that Clinton had put into effect his first 4 years. Now up to President Bush Jr. His first 4 years, the "BAD" years have been the last 4 years of Clinton's policies. In the last 6 months slowly the economy has been doing better, and that is because of Bush's policies. I am not saying it has totally recovered. In the last 4 years we have had quiet a blow. I believe that Bush has dealt well with what has been put in front of him. The 8 years before Bush, we turned the other cheek. Said sorry we were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I for one am glad that we have stopped turning the other cheek.
A few things I have found interesting about Kerry. While he was doing what he believed to be right for Vietnam, he actually met with the North Vietnam Government. He then came back and talked about the war crimes. Yes, I believe the war crimes needed to come out. As for meeting with the Government, that is treason. Fonda said sorry for her mistakes, yet Kerry didn't. No this isn't just from the ads; I actually did look this stuff up and do my homework.

The bottom line is we live in a Democracy. It is your right to vote. You don't have to agree with the person next to you. That is your RIGHT. Just take the time to Vote!!!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Ok Road...here's what he's done. After 911, he's gotten Afghanistan and Pakistan to be our allies. After taking out Saddam, Iraq is our ally...but wait, there's more. Not only do you get the big oil rich country in the middle of the sandy Mid-east as our ally, as a bonus you have Yemen becoming an ally, and Libya giving up ALL their WMDs and wanting relations with us again!!! Now, as a free gift, you get pressure on Iran to stop with the nukes, and people in that country saying,"HEY, WE WANT TO BE FREE LIKE OUR NEIGHBOR, BY ALLAH!"

What do you propose? We quit the game while we're ahead? Oh...here's what we HAVEN'T gotten with Bush... Another attack on American soil. We also haven't gotten a tax increase...instead I got to keep some more of my money. Granted, I got the worst drug coverage when I hit 65... and I'm damned pissed off by it. But I got alot worst under Clinton with a democrat congress... taxes on Social Security, gas tax hike, promise of a more complicated health system than Canada has. All that and more can be yours if...The Vote Is Kerry! Tell me one notable good thing Kerry has done in his 18 years in the Senate. I don't like the guy, I don't trust the guy, and I don't believe the guy. At least with Bush, I have the sense he is putting the country before his popularity percentage.

That's enough for now... I'll wait for a response and rant some more LOL }>