Job Search

marknolen

Active Expediter
My wife and I are currently looking to hire on as Team drivers for a company willing to hire new people into the world of Exediting. We want to drive Straight truck. I have 4.5 years experience as a driver with local companies and am currently working with USF Holland. My wife on the other hand is brand new to trucking and has her CDL in hand. Lack of experience is getting in our way on my wifes part mostly. We were able to put out a partial application on Expeditors Trucking website that was sent out to "MANY" different expediting companies that list job postings on this site. We sent this out just the other day and have had one company writing us and telling us that they would bring her on. This company name is - TRY HOURS -. I looked for some reviews about this company and found (4) old outdated reviews that went back to 2007 -2008. All (4) reviews were very negative toward the Try Hour company coming from (4) different drivers. All (4) reviews were warning letters to potential drivers to stay away. Okay enough that.

These reviews are 4 years old. Maybe the company was struggling at that time for whatever reason. Are there drivers out there that have more recent information about Try Hours. Comments from "anyone" with honest information about this company. Should we keep looking? My wife needs (1) year experience to qualify for the better Expediting companies. Would Try Hours be a (1) year mistake? I am not in a financially capable position to have to weather any non payment crap from a company that does not care about the very people that are making it a company in the first place. Can anyone give me solid information?

Thanks for your time.
Mark & Narcissa

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I really can't volunteer any information on Try Hours other than what you can read here.
My advice would be to research ALL potential carriers regardless of who they are. There are carriers that will hire you as a solo while your wife gets her CDL.
If you are sold on Try Hours, have their recruiter provide you with three names of teams you can contact. If they refuse, then one might want to explore some other options.

Last edited:

Hyperdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
We signed on with an owner that was contracted to Express 1 in 2008 with no experience but with 2 brand new Class A CDL's.

There are companies out there that hire teams with no experience. You should read all relevant posts on this site and make an informed decision.

We are sure glad we did our research first. Saved us a ton of money and stress. We have been at it since 2008 and are enjoying it still.

As for Try Hours, keep looking, you can do better based on what I have heard.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I would call Express 1 or Panther, you will hear both good and bad about these companies. If you are concerned about not getting paid you will want to be looking up information on the fleet owner because he is the one that actually pays you.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Panther last I saw takes on straight truck drivers/teams with no experience. I would call to make sure

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We started with no experience.
Call Expediter Services and see about driving one of there red KW's.

marknolen

Active Expediter
I do appreciate all the positive input. Great ideas from everyone thanks so much. Will ask to talk to team drivers whomever we are thinking about working for. I like this web site. I don't feel like my wife and I are going into this blind. Thanks again! Mark & Narcissa

Last edited:

Slacktide

Seasoned Expediter
We started with no experience.
Call Expediter Services and see about driving one of there red KW's.

From all I know about them I would agree. They have/ had trucks on with multiple large carriers. A quick Google search came up with this.

3380 Goodman Rd E
Southaven, MS 38672

(662) 349-9300

Give them a call and see what they have to say. You will hear good and bad about them but there is always a rumor mill when people feel they have been slighted. Everything I have heard from ACTUAL drivers has been mostly positive, especially where pay is concerned. Best of luck to you and your wife.

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
From all I know about them I would agree. They have/ had trucks on with multiple large carriers. A quick Google search came up with this.

3380 Goodman Rd E
Southaven, MS 38672

(662) 349-9300

Give them a call and see what they have to say. You will hear good and bad about them but there is always a rumor mill when people feel they have been slighted. Everything I have heard from ACTUAL drivers has been mostly positive, especially where pay is concerned. Best of luck to you and your wife.

I agree with slacktide, research, research, research. Sometimes you will get private msgs in your inbox on here as well giving you more info as well.

marknolen

Active Expediter
Ok guys I have made contact with several contacts today via email with Panther and Expediter Services being a couple of them. I feel like I'm on the right track and I'm sure that I will be able to make a solid decision with all the good councel I recieved on this site. Thanks

charlies1gal

Seasoned Expediter
My husband & I have driven with Expediter Services since 2008 & have NEVER missed a paycheck or been underpaid. We drove for them with Panther & are now driving with them For Fed Ex Custom Critical & you & your wife need only to have a decent driving record & no drug or alcohol ofences on your record & they are very friendly, personable people to work with also. Good Luck. Cindy & Charlie Jordan TRK# D8015 Expediter Services. Ask For Angela.....

marknolen

Active Expediter
Thanks Cindy and Charlie. I think we are on the right path. Maybe we'll see you guys around sometime. Mark & Narcissa

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
Have you checked out the free classified section at the top of this page? look under teams wanted,or put your own add in.