Jason Fredrick's Conference Call

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
well this being part of fed freight, i had this feeling back when jack left the helm, that virginia wasnt gonna be here long before moving on and when was told jason was fed freight that he would become the new guy. One rumor is that cc e units and poss. Str8t trucks will be doing some of the ltl for the fed national divis.

Seasoned Expediter
These trailers were fed ex custom critical trailers with there freight inside sealed and locked i just delivered them to customer two were customer unload the other two i had to unload electronics

ATeam

Retired Expediter
So, it might mean something or nothing at all. Diane and I have picked up FDCC freight at FedEx Freight docks, delivered FDCC freight to FedEx Freight docks, and cross-docked FDCC freight at FedEx freight docks. Whether it was FDCC moving FedEx Freight freight or FedEx Freight moving FDCC freight, it mattered not to us. The loads paid us enough to accept them and the customers were served.

It is unusual to hear about entire FDCC trailers being moved by FedEx Freight tractors, but while the size of the freight is different, the working relationship between the two operating companies could be the same as it has been for some time.

I don't know. Just wanting to be careful about jumping to conclusions based on nothing more than what someone heard or hauled at one location.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
well this being part of fed freight, i had this feeling back when jack left the helm, that virginia wasnt gonna be here long before moving on and when was told jason was fed freight that he would become the new guy. One rumor is that cc e units and poss. Str8t trucks will be doing some of the ltl for the fed national divis.

If true, that might be a good thing, as long as the pay is right. We haul WG freight but are not too proud to haul a few skids of dog food if the pay is right.

While you cite it as a rumor, the concept fits with what I have read in the trade literature. Companies are becoming more careful about committing a tractor and trailer to serve isolated customers at the far reaches of their service areas. Some are re-thinking their use of their equipment, trying to keep it fully deployed and thereby enabling them to reduce their fleet size. That is prompting new thinking about straight trucks, driver use, contracter relationships and other such things.

Last edited:

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
I'm curious to where these loads were picked up,and where they went.Especially if the CC trailers were spotted at a FedEx Freight yard.I had trouble with a delivery couple months ago in Boston,The 53 ft trailer with my long truck,and time of day,I couldnt et within 20 feet of the loading dock,but single axle day cab wouldn't have any trouble.Couldn't get a Fed Ex Freight truck to deliver the load.Another CC truck delivered it,but he got in there early in the morning,before the street got crowded with parked cars

Seasoned Expediter
These loads were all picked up and delivered in and around dallas/ft worth area. I picked this trailer up from yard and went to get loaded and then deliver them all 4 loads same way just like when i was with fed ex except offer didnt come over qualcomm. Thata all i know for sure what else is going i do not know from talking to other drivers here this is not that rare.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
Forgive my curiosity, bubblehead, I intend no disrespect but have to ask.

In an 11-27-08 post you said:

"We heard of the BR project and called our recruiter and although we both have the creditials, capital and willingness and a perfect service record, we were told that the BRs were by invatation only. So it didn't matter how much of whatever you want to call it, we are not on FECC favored list and was turned down for this opportunuty...not to be defeated and whine, we simply started another company, secured a contract, hired drivers and they are doing fine on this specialized contract...FEDCC lost this one because I used to provide them with promising contracts which in turn we all benefited from...future opportunities will now be used to build our other company and we will soon move on. Its sad that the new FECC seems to be creating their own competition...can anyone say 'PANTHER ELITE'...familar names and faces from the old FECC."

Question 1. Did you move on? By your more recent posts, it seems you are still with FDCC.

In a 4-18-09 post, you said, "We are not fleet owners per se yet but we plan to become one soon (outside of family members)"

Question 2. Did you become fleet owners, and if so with which company?

You know what they say, "consider the source." I am asking these background questions in an attempt to consider the source of the answers you provided not in the above-quoted threads but in this thread. Your comments in this thread raise more questions than answers.

Before asking the questions your comments raise, I'd like to know more about you. And to find that out, I'm asking you (who better to ask, right?).

Would you be so kind as to answer questions 1 and 2? Feel free to provide any other information you would like me and other readers to know about your expediting career; especially as it relates to the inside knowledge implied by your posts regarding FDCC, its executives and their assigned duties and responsibilities.

Again, bubblehead, no disrespect is intended. I am just trying to decide how much stock to put in the comments you made in this thread, and if it would be helpful to me and others to ask the questions your comments prompt.

Maintaining an open mind here. Thank you in advance for your response.

No need to preface your questions and comments with an apology about "no disrespect intended." We are still with FEDEX and we also have other business interest that spans two continents. The hiring of others was after an attempt to secure dedicated contracts in specialized areas which FEDEX was not responsive to. Actually learned later that this contract was in an area that Fed was not authorized for. If you go to; SAFER Web - Company Snapshot FEDEX CUSTOM CRITICAL INC CUSTOM CRITICAL INC you will see that there are some cargos that FEDEX is not listed as carrying...hence the opportunity to expand without conflicting with my contractional obligations as written and in spirit. I believe this answers most of both questions to the extent I would care to provide for public consumption.

As to your primary question about if Virginia Albanese is still with FEDEx, I admitt I thought this question was rather queer since you simply needed to pick up the phone and contact your CC or recruiter for that information. As to imply I have some "inside knowledge" after reviewing my response, I still can't see that. I didn't imply, you assumed. Virginia Albanese is an interesting study subject as was Fred Smith was during college. Imformation on the internet about Virginia is abundant, perhaps too much. By using google you will find business information, personal information including her children's names, ages, special classes they take as well as where they like to go skiing. Other information includes trust accounts, what Bill is doing, church bullitens etc. In my quest for improving my business, I like to study those that are truly successful and I find Virginia Albanese quite an amazing and capable leader. Love her or hate her, she has paid her dues, sacraficed and most important still has made her children the primary focus of her life. She is a truly successful person whom is worthy of my attention and time to study unlike the pretencious types who declare themselves successful and make their claims too easily avaible.

Hope this answers your questions and don't worry about the "disrespect" issue...I consider the source.