Jason Fredrick's Conference Call

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Fleet Conference Calls Wednesday May 13th.

Time
9 - 9:30am

10 - 10:30

11 - 11:30

1 - 1:30pm

2 - 2:30

Contractors will be asked to give name and unit number.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Has she been involved in past conference calls? I can't remember if I heard her on the last one or not....

I saw her at HQ but that was late January.

FJK1954

Expert Expediter
I didnt get to listen to the conference call. Can anyone who did give us the highlights. yes, Phil, I think Virginia is still there or at least she was last week when we were at green. frank

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
Is Virginia Albanese still with the company?

Virginia Albanese is still with the company, she is focusing more on global logistics now instead of CC....that has been delegated to Jason. Virgina's husband Bill (formerly from Robert Express where they met) initially went to work for another division of FEDEX and then became a stay-at-home dad. I don't know if he still has his 5 trucks on with CC or if he gave them up for possible conflict of interest. But it seems her efforts to keep CC viable is still an important goal.

aileron

Expert Expediter
I didnt get to listen to the conference call. Can anyone who did give us the highlights. yes, Phil, I think Virginia is still there or at least she was last week when we were at green. frank

You did not miss anything. It was a waste of 30 min.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Virginia Albanese is still with the company, she is focusing more on global logistics now instead of CC....that has been delegated to Jason.

Global logistics? What does that mean, and how does it relate to FDCC?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I thought the conference call was good and I hope that FCC continues to keep up this practice. It would be awesome in time if this would turn from a conference call to a webinar.

Jason reminded us about all the discounts that are available to us. He also discussed the speed limiters and how this new law in a few provinces in Canada will affect the fleet from White Glove to Express Trucks. Scott McCahan gave a short talk on safety and a recent rash of accidents involving backing and sideswipes.

The team also accepted questions at the end of the call and several of the questions were very interesting. We were able to listen in on two of the calls.

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
I was not impressed with it. It seemed to me to be a bunch of company rhetoric. It looks like to me like Custom Critical might wind up being completly taken over by FedEx Freight and truned into a mostly LTL thing, maybe with the exception of the WG and/or T-VAL units. I quess time will tell.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Funny you should say that.A couple of months ago I did a cross dock at a Fed Ex Freight location.In so many words,I was told if it werent for Fed Ex Freight there wouldnt be a Custom Critical

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I think the conference calls are a step in the right direction to improve communication between the company and contractors and they need our support.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Agreed, any communication is better than no communication. If the content is not to ones liking at least there is a chance for questions.

It would be great if it was a webinar or if the calls were available for download, it would be great to hear the Q & A from all the calls.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Funny you should say that.A couple of months ago I did a cross dock at a Fed Ex Freight location.In so many words,I was told if it werent for Fed Ex Freight there wouldnt be a Custom Critical

Actually Custom Critical is run under FedEx Freight. Jason was formerly with FedEx Freight, and is in my opinion being groomed to take over CC when Virginia moves on (possibly GLOBAL as another poster suggested)

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
Global logistics? What does that mean, and how does it relate to FDCC?

glob⋅al  /ˈgloʊbəl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [gloh-buhl] Show IPA
–adjective 1. pertaining to the whole world; worldwide; universal: the dream of global peace.

lo⋅gis⋅tics  /loʊˈdʒɪstɪks, lə-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [loh-jis-tiks, luh-] Show IPA
–noun (used with a singular or plural verb)
2. the planning, implementation, and coordination of the details of a business or other operation.

In transportation (FEDEX) this would mean the world wide "planning, implementation...."

It relates to FEDEX and a logical progression in her professional advancement in the transportation industry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seasoned Expediter
I just left fed ex custom critical end of march to work for fed ex freight. I have picked up and delivered with some fed ex cc trailers already i was told this is going to be the norm for us. From what i have heard something is going on as far as fed ex frt using cc trailers with their loads in them.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Virginia Albanese is still with the company, she is focusing more on global logistics now instead of CC....that has been delegated to Jason. Virgina's husband Bill (formerly from Robert Express where they met) initially went to work for another division of FEDEX and then became a stay-at-home dad. I don't know if he still has his 5 trucks on with CC or if he gave them up for possible conflict of interest. But it seems her efforts to keep CC viable is still an important goal.

Forgive my curiosity, bubblehead, I intend no disrespect but have to ask.

In an 11-27-08 post you said:

"We heard of the BR project and called our recruiter and although we both have the creditials, capital and willingness and a perfect service record, we were told that the BRs were by invatation only. So it didn't matter how much of whatever you want to call it, we are not on FECC favored list and was turned down for this opportunuty...not to be defeated and whine, we simply started another company, secured a contract, hired drivers and they are doing fine on this specialized contract...FEDCC lost this one because I used to provide them with promising contracts which in turn we all benefited from...future opportunities will now be used to build our other company and we will soon move on. Its sad that the new FECC seems to be creating their own competition...can anyone say 'PANTHER ELITE'...familar names and faces from the old FECC."

Question 1. Did you move on? By your more recent posts, it seems you are still with FDCC.

In a 4-18-09 post, you said, "We are not fleet owners per se yet but we plan to become one soon (outside of family members)"

Question 2. Did you become fleet owners, and if so with which company?

You know what they say, "consider the source." I am asking these background questions in an attempt to consider the source of the answers you provided not in the above-quoted threads but in this thread. Your comments in this thread raise more questions than answers.

Before asking the questions your comments raise, I'd like to know more about you. And to find that out, I'm asking you (who better to ask, right?).

Would you be so kind as to answer questions 1 and 2? Feel free to provide any other information you would like me and other readers to know about your expediting career; especially as it relates to the inside knowledge implied by your posts regarding FDCC, its executives and their assigned duties and responsibilities.

Again, bubblehead, no disrespect is intended. I am just trying to decide how much stock to put in the comments you made in this thread, and if it would be helpful to me and others to ask the questions your comments prompt.

Maintaining an open mind here. Thank you in advance for your response.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
From what i have heard something is going on as far as fed ex frt using cc trailers with their loads in them.

May I ask, what it was that you heard, when, and from whom? What more can you tell us, if anything, about the "something" that is said to be going on?

Seasoned Expediter
Nothing offical just managers and freight people talk. Just that i have personally hauled a least 4 loads in aweek that were cc loads

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Nothing offical just managers and freight people talk. Just that i have personally hauled a least 4 loads in aweek that were cc loads

Thank you for your reply. I'm trying to be as detailed and accurate as we can get about this because anytime the subject of FDCC and its sister companies comes up here in the open forum, people go off in all sorts of directions.

When you say you hauled four CC loads in a week, do you mean pieces of freight with CC tape around them or something else?