January Banter and Location

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Enjoying my morning coffee as well as we sit at the S.O.S. to renew our registration. Washed all the bedding yesterday and had a great nights sleep minus the alarm going off at 4:30 this morning telling Nick it was time to get up to go deliver our load.

Isn't it amazing how much better we sleep when we have clean sheets? I did that too yesterday and hugged my pillow with reverance and awe this morning.:)

buckwheat

Seasoned Expediter
Well you the very top of the hit list Chris. Hopefully we can get your luck turned around today!
Not trying to be a PITA. I know dispatch is turning over stones to find loads. Long Island was a hoot. I don't know how people can live like that. I'd go back to deliver but I'd like to get a handle on where to DH to to get another load. I sure don't want to spend any more time there than I have to.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not trying to be a PITA. I know dispatch is turning over stones to find loads. Long Island was a hoot. I don't know how people can live like that. I'd go back to deliver but I'd like to get a handle on where to DH to to get another load. I sure don't want to spend any more time there than I have to.

Bordentown NJ is a fav to wait at...We used to stay right on the island tho....some Walmarts are actually truck friendly and the delis are usually good...
Mahwah NJ on 287 is another spot...

Last edited:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager

I dearly love the friendly people on Long Island...and especially the deli's..New Jersey is a gold mine in freight..Head a little south...:)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Bordentown NJ is a fav to wait at...We used to stay right on the island tho....some Walmarts are actually truck friendly and the delis are usually good...
Mahwah NJ on 287 is another spot...

Man I miss those deli's on the east coast...bout time for another Blue Burger!:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Phone just rang and the dispatch number appeared darn near peed my pants....LOL

alas....they were only checking because the QC is not updating at this location...

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
tryin to get there but ran into a little problem with the apu this morning. got a small oil leak that i have to get fixed. it was fine yesterday when i warmed it to drain the oil now that i got fresh in it i got a main seal leak. easy fix and i can take care of it just gotta get it put in. these things for the most part are pretty easy to work on. i do most repairs on it myself if possible. now if it will stop raining !!!!!!!!!!!!!

buckwheat

Seasoned Expediter
I dearly love the friendly people on Long Island...and especially the deli's..New Jersey is a gold mine in freight..Head a little south...:)
Perceptions can be funny sometimes. My only knowledge of NYC comes from watching TV which doesn't put the city in the friendliest light. I suppose if a Long islander were to come to where I live they'd be apprehensive also. My house is in the country surrounded by farms and woodland. Pretty much the opposite of their area. maybe if I get back there i can hunt up one of them deli's.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Perceptions can be funny sometimes. My only knowledge of NYC comes from watching TV which doesn't put the city in the friendliest light. I suppose if a Long islander were to come to where I live they'd be apprehensive also. My house is in the country surrounded by farms and woodland. Pretty much the opposite of their area. maybe if I get back there i can hunt up one of them deli's.

Heck..I live in a little town in South Dakota with 367 people and I found the inhabitants on the Island just like here...now the city itself is different and the driving thru sucks because of the volume..but enjoy it the next time you go! :)

Ken..I told you it hasn't updated you for several days now...must be homeland security air interference..:confused:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I've had some islanders say the don't care for the city dwellers.....the island is not NYC....

used to go to Babylon NY on the island a lot....great people

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
ya, for a while when with another carrier we spent alot of time in NYC and i mean like 2 or 3 times a week. the island is by far a better place. like anything else its about knowing when to go in and when to go out. we got pretty good at it. it also got pretty old pretty quick. the deli's are great though. the expense, not so great.