Jan..2017 locations & more

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Booked for 0500 pick in Frankfort, IL. Yep another long D/H, Drop in McAllen, TX. No mileage Woody, just can't turn those numbers down. Fingers crossed.

Different strokes for different folks ...
I could easily turn down, and do, long loads to far off locations without 1 of 2 conditions being met:
1 - get the $ to DH out going in
2 - high degree of certainty of getting loaded out
Crossed fingers ... oh geez ...
After the numbers recently posted you may just be a glutton for punishment :p
You may be right, we may be crazy! We had just agreed to a short one up to the Fastman's pond. Five min. latter phone fired up with new offer to McAllen. As a team we have bounced down to the border and back in 5 days, throw in a Mon. drop, bonus. This time of year does reduce the chance's of a quick turn around. So a little luck would be good.
Its all just opinion Bill....JuJu and I did some stuff the locals here would jump all over too..because well you know they are perfect.....LOL If you are happy and Mama is happy that all that matters....your bottomline is yours and yours alone...:)

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Went outside for 5 minutes and looked at the snow. Decided it's time to get that motorcycle license I've been putting off for 26 years...January's a good month to stay warm and dream of happy things

Any canadians moving? 4 runs in 3 weeks lol

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Booked for 0500 pick in Frankfort, IL. Yep another long D/H, Drop in McAllen, TX. No mileage Woody, just can't turn those numbers down. Fingers crossed.

I could easily turn down, and do, long loads to far off locations without 1 of 2 conditions being met:
You may be right, we may be crazy! We had just agreed to a short one up to the Fastman's pond. Five min. latter phone fired up with new offer to McAllen. As a team we have bounced down to the border and back in 5 days, throw in a Mon. drop, bonus. This time of year does reduce the chance's of a quick turn around. So a little luck would be good.
Its all just opinion Bill....JuJu and I did some stuff the locals here would jump all over too..because well you know they are perfect.....LOL If you are happy and Mama is happy that all that matters....your bottomline is yours and yours alone...:)
Agree, posted that turn's numbers because, it was a bummer trip. This expedite deal is a lot of fun for us. Last year we took 3 months off, spent 4 weeks with family, took the bike for some great rides, and yes did runs that were more about us then business. Still enjoy opinions, parking lot, internet, cause you know, there might be something..........

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Agree, posted that turn's numbers because, it was a bummer trip. This expedite deal is a lot of fun for us. Last year we took 3 months off, spent 4 weeks with family, took the bike for some great rides, and yes did runs that were more about us then business. Still enjoy opinions, parking lot, internet, cause you know, there might be something..........
Ditto here

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
MY DH numbers would be off the chart....500 just to get across the state to go in service and average 500 - 1,000 just to get home...LOL....

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Sounds like a good trade to me! Lol my pond has really been dead for a month.

Sent from the deep end.
I was there last week when you went south. One load out of Pittsburgh going to Bedford PA. Then back to Hubbard. Following day got load out of McConnellsville Oh to Clarksville tn. Was very quiet there.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force

amazing how quick the numbers erode when including DH to rate....

example team runs 100,000 miles @ .85 a mile....considering industry average of 20% DH..that number is quickly reduced to .708 ALL miles
@ 25% DH its down at .68 ALL miles...AT .80 a mile then that reduces that .708 down to " TADA " the .65 the poster made.... DH is your enemy if you can not afford to absorb it....
The biggest factor now IMO is your CPM....IMO again anything over .30 and you are in trouble of working all the time and not being able to have a life...

My CPM is around .35 but that includes this KRAZY Jersey $1000 per month insurance. As you know, I'm in it for lifestyle as much as profit. When you take into account the food, motels, touring, salaries and ALL other expenses it is a break even at .70 CPM. which is exactly our "All Miles" average for 2016 with 40 weeks working.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

amazing how quick the numbers erode when including DH to rate....

example team runs 100,000 miles @ .85 a mile....considering industry average of 20% DH..that number is quickly reduced to .708 ALL miles
@ 25% DH its down at .68 ALL miles...AT .80 a mile then that reduces that .708 down to " TADA " the .65 the poster made.... DH is your enemy if you can not afford to absorb it....
The biggest factor now IMO is your CPM....IMO again anything over .30 and you are in trouble of working all the time and not being able to have a life...

My CPM is around .35 but that includes this KRAZY Jersey $1000 per month insurance. As you know, I'm in it for lifestyle as much as profit. When you take into account the food, motels, touring, salaries and ALL other expenses it is a break even at .70 CPM. which is exactly our "All Miles" average for 2016 with 40 weeks working.
All that really matters is if your happy with ... :) your world is all good

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Man this stuff is great! I already forgot I have a cold

36c8834c9f68c27b6f4474ce3acd785c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums