Jan 2014 Locations

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Who did you decide on, if I may be so bold?

Hey Hawk. Send me a PM and I'll be happy to reveal....while getting your opinion. Was approved by three companies taking on CV's right now. Liked certain aspects about all of them, and would be happy to just get some miles.

Got the van inspected today and dealership in NY honored their promise to fix anything wrong....given I had little chance to go over the vehicle, and bought it basically online. To that regard, they paid via CC over the phone: front end alignment, tire rotation, tire balance, new wheel sensor, and two bulb replacements. She's DOT ready. :D

Got to get me one of those "I Love NY" t-shirts....but will probably run a load up there again someday...and that turns into kindling real fast.

Last edited:

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Sounds like a decent dealer. Congratulations.
Good Luck and have fun.

Decent dealers are hard to find. The dealer my dad got his sprinter from I'd recommend in a second. The ford dealership I got my ford from I wouldn't give them squat of a reference. They call once a week wanting referrals, the Mercedes salesman calls to ask how the sprinter is holding up and if its had any stumbles or hiccups. If I have the chance I'll definitely buy from that guy again

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey Hawk. Send me a PM and I'll be happy to reveal....while getting your opinion. Was approved by three companies taking on CV's right now. Liked certain aspects about all of them, and would be happy to just get some miles.

Got the van inspected today and dealership in NY honored their promise to fix anything wrong....given I had little chance to go over the vehicle, and bought it basically online. To that regard, they paid via CC over the phone: front end alignment, tire rotation, tire balance, new wheel sensor, and two bulb replacements. She's DOT ready. :D

Got to get me one of those "I Love NY" t-shirts....but will probably run a load up there again someday...and that turns it to kindling real fast.

I hear Express 1 has miles....lots of miles....run your butt off they say....you'll be rich by next year.....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The guy is excited to get out and experience driving, nice encouragement. :confused:

sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The guy is excited to get out and experience driving, nice encouragement. :confused:

sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

that is encouraging him....HE even said HE wanted miles..I am giving him GREAT advice where them miles are.....:p

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
that is encouraging him....HE even said HE wanted miles..I am giving him GREAT advice where them miles are.....:p

Actually, that named company was my first inquiry. Here's how the timing went; taking on vans one week, bought my van the next, all positions filled after I'd been accepted. Your right, they do run a lot of miles, but so does the company I ended up with, and they are expanding.

Drove a Sprinter for a very prominent carrier, well represented on this website. Didn't seem to fit in. Drove for another company and it proved to be "It's a big club, and you ain't in it" affair.

Not looking for huge pay per mile, or joining some club, or golf team. I'm a good driver with an excellent record......just looking for the right fit. Will run my tail off for the right company, and thanks to all here who assisted along the way. Tired of losing money as a driver, I'm out here to make money, not sit. :p

Better sneak in a January location thought....still at home, and snowing in MI. :)

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't want miles, I want money. Can't spend miles. The MORE I can make by doing LESS the better off things are. What it boils down to is this, 1 Million $ per year, no miles, is perfect, after that, it's down hill from there!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Actually, that named company was my first inquiry. Here's how the timing went; taking on vans one week, bought my van the next, all positions filled after I'd been accepted. Your right, they do run a lot of miles, but so does the company I ended up with, and they are expanding.

Drove a Sprinter for a very prominent carrier, well represented on this website. Didn't seem to fit in. Drove for another company and it proved to be "It's a big club, and you ain't in it" affair.

Not looking for huge pay per mile, or joining some club, or golf team. I'm a good driver with an excellent record......just looking for the right fit. Will run my tail off for the right company, and thanks to all here who assisted along the way. Tired of losing money as a driver, I'm out here to make money, not sit. :p

Better sneak in a January location thought....still at home, and snowing in MI. :)

Glad to see you are seeing with eyes wide open is all.....some are wearing blinkers...or is that blinders...anyways not seeing the big picture....Congrats on your investment....
and remember you are my competition for loads.....LOL

yep at home tending to felled trees from Octobers storm....lots of firewood but lots of work too....

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
I don't want miles, I want money. Can't spend miles. The MORE I can make by doing LESS the better off things are. What it boils down to is this, 1 Million $ per year, no miles, is perfect, after that, it's down hill from there!

Guess that depends what rung you're a standin on. I hear this all the time from people who work for a company that fits them. Try averaging about 300 miles PER WEEK for a whole month? How about 1 load in a three week period? Wanna try a couple weeks with no pay at all? Get this on your balance sheet......several 5-6-7 days sitting with no loads?

Run your fantastic per mile rate and be happy. I've made the low rung decision to buy my own for more money, and maybe even get to drive it down the road.....LOADED. Got a pipe to put that in? :D

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guess that depends what rung you're a standin on. I hear this all the time from people who work for a company that fits them. Try averaging about 300 miles PER WEEK for a whole month? How about 1 load in a three week period? Wanna try a couple weeks with no pay at all? Get this on your balance sheet......several 5-6-7 days sitting with no loads?

Run your fantastic per mile rate and be happy. I've made the low rung decision to buy my own for more money, and maybe even get to drive it down the road.....LOADED. Got a pipe to put that in? :D

I think LOS was just re enforcing the thinking process of rate per mile as opposed to running many miles....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Being loaded, at a loss, is no good. Sitting without a load is no good. Rates per mile is not everything either.

What does it cost you to live? Money left over to reinvest? Money for retirement? Money for health insurance? Money for the business to run on? ETC ETC. The list of things your business MUST support is almost endless.

For many people this is their ONLY income. It has to pay for itself AND an entire life's expenses, in many cases for more than one person. IF it cannot do that, you lose!

It's not numbers of miles, not rates per mile, neither alone. You need to know what you need to accomplish EVERYTHING in your life, with some cushion. THEN determine IF this business can support that.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter

I'm 25 I want both lol. I want miles and money and going west

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm 25 I want both lol. I want miles and money and going west

I can promise you ONE thing for SURE! If I were 25 I would NOT be in this business. I would be up in Alaska, doing something I loved. Driving a stinky truck,on crowded roads, for peanuts, would NOT be my first choice.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
I can promise you ONE thing for SURE! If I were 25 I would NOT be in this business. I would be up in Alaska, doing something I loved. Driving a stinky truck,on crowded roads, for peanuts, would NOT be my first choice.

My van doesn't stink lol. I'm out here doing this because I love driving and traveling. The whole paid tourist part of the job, sold me and keeps me coming back lol. I average $250 a week more than at my passion job work at a gun store. I do have a college degree but it turns out I can't handle being around a hospital so my dad hooked me up with an opportunity so I'm seizing it with both hands

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My van doesn't stink lol. I'm out here doing this because I love driving and traveling. The whole paid tourist part of the job, sold me and keeps me coming back lol. I average $250 a week more than at my passion job work at a gun store. I do have a college degree but it turns out I can't handle being around a hospital so my dad hooked me up with an opportunity so I'm seizing it with both hands

Go for it, and yeah, ALL vehicles STINK! LOL!!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
You just have a combination of odors now.
Some good, some bad.

The van probably does stink..
It's like living near a train track.
You just get used to it. :)