Jan 2014 Locations

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I'll probably get home early tomorrow morning, after another nap.
"Rodeo trip meter (B)" will read 4,990 miles for this rodeo, my having left late Sunday night for NC.

Opinion....Should I drive around the block for 10 miles so I hit 5,000 miles on the week? Or is it ok to round up?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And I would never sit on a maybe load all weekend what happens of it cancels on Monday?

In our 8 years in this business we have had EXACTLY one of this type of load cancel. It is VERY rare. If it does, we are likely not out anything since we seldom get any loads on weekends. We get a 34 hour reset, avoid the worst of the bad weather and have a very good paying load lined up. I will take that chance. IF it does cancel, we are in a good area for another.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well just on the surface it seems weird but you know your business better than anyone else

We sit on these loads all the time. What else would we do? ALMOST "0" chance of a load over the weekend. We DID have a load cancel today that would have brought us here, BUT, they paid us to get here anyway. I just have a VERY hard time turning down VERY good pay per mile when there is over 1600 miles to be run!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We sit on these loads all the time. What else would we do? ALMOST "0" chance of a load over the weekend. We DID have a load cancel today that would have brought us here, BUT, they paid us to get here anyway. I just have a VERY hard time turning down VERY good pay per mile when there is over 1600 miles to be run!

Knock knock I did say you know your best business best LOL in the real Xpedite business it's almost unheard of the sit on a load that long especially in the Cleveland area

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Knock knock I did say you know your best business best LOL in the real Xpedite business it's almost unheard of the sit on a load that long especially in the Cleveland area

Never said we were "real" expediters". We are "special". Much of Ohio is good for us "special" people. :p