Its time.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
What mornings like this are for..Sitting on front pourch getting em tuned in. Last one on the right is my Glenn Scobey. She is old but can still lock em up and bring em in. My favorite for sure. The others I just make noise with..lol

Attachments

• 1412179790350.jpg
    1412179790350.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It does not matter what call I use, it's ALL noise! Glenn was a fine man who I had the chance to talk will on many occasions. I used to love to listen to his stories. He is truly missed in our world of waterfowling.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Never had the itch for waterfowl hunting....but don't need calls...just bread crumbs.... Lol

Attachments

• 1412201400545.jpg
    1412201400545.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 32

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Never had the itch for waterfowl hunting....

All is takes is one time with water/mud up to your knees and birds locking in will hook ya on it.
Water coming over the top of your waders will do it also. Especially when its below freezing,,, your breaking ice and the car is a mile away. :)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just lay back, in something similar to a water bed, and wait for them to come to me. When others are in the boat, we fry perch, eat hot dogs, drink coffee, BS etc etc. The most favorite things I enjoy is putting either kids, or rookies, in the layout. Then we have someone to laugh at! :p

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You are right, it IS time. Heading over to the marina in the morning to pay for my slip for the season.

After I finish up with that Jan and I are headed over to Monroe Bank and Trust to help set up for the Ducks Unlimited Sponsor Event.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Didn't want to offend anyone with pictures of dead ducks..So I'll just post picture of naked ducks. Opening day pot of gold. Everyone limited out on both ducks and geese and we were off the water by 10:30 in the morning.. Thinking this is the first time everyone in our group ever limited out on both ducks and geese on opening day.
Things slowed down now and back at work until some fresh birds come down.

Attachments

• 1413440014093.jpg
    1413440014093.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Sitting in PA. I gotta believe the push has started..Large numbers of geese on the move and some nice groups of ducks.. Looking at the altitude of the ducks I gotta believe they are flight birds moving in. The migration page on the DU page has reports of woodies moving thru in decent numbers.. From this point on I say its game on...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
STILL slow around here on ducks. They are hung up at the Bridge and on Saginaw Bay. Geese moving.

Going out for another field hunt tomorrow, layout hunting on Friday

MissKat

Expert Expediter
Hey Isn't retirement grand? I have 2 duckcalls you might be interested in. One is a DU California Rich-n-Tone Product nearly new. The other is a Cajun G-202 Goose Call Lake Charles, LA. Both have springs attached to braided lanyards. Reeds intact.

PM me with an email address so I can shoot you pics of them
MissKat