It's Called Self Defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So even if the three that were chasing and trying to subdue him by violent means thought he was an “active shooter” doesn’t negate Rittenhouse’s right to self defense. They chose to chase without knowing exactly the circumstances of the first shooting, which was self defense. They could have called 911 and let the police handle it.
One would think if any of these three - especially Huber - really thought Rittenhouse was an active shooter, they would have called 911 to alert police and taken cover. Who in their right mind would take a skateboard to a gunfight?

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I cannot tell you anything about the article that is inaccurate. I never claimed the article was in any way inaccurate. I noted the outlet is liberally biased, used by you as a preemptive rejection of liberal news retorts. That's funny. But if you're after inaccuracies, paragraph 6 is full of vague, inaccurate claims that are designed to confirm the biases of the outlet's typical audience. And the attached video and caption reinforces that bias. Unbiased reporting would not have included paragraph 6 at all, or the video and caption, because it's got nothing to do with the headline or the leed. It's included solely to prime the reader for emotional bias.
I did a pre-emptive strike because the standard response from the Rush Limbaugh/Trumpsters on here would have been "typical Liberal media" whether they actually were or not so I wanted to take the wind out of their sails ahead of time that's all. I never said that the CBC itself was liberal media and I don't see any bias and that's exactly why I posted the link to the article believing it to be some of the most factual reporting on the subject I have seen to date.

It's been my experience for the most part that when I read news from sources that are outside of the country that is affected by the incident, the reporting is actually more factual and less biased due to the fact that they are not directly affected by what happened so less reason to inject their own "ideology" into the story.

It's no different in Canada or anywhere else. All news is biased to some degree when reporting on local or national events, yet when stories about incidents outside of Canada are read, the reporters tend to stick to the script more. It's just human nature, that's all.

Reactions: Ragman and RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Prosecutors argument was RH should have gotten into a fist fight with his attackers instead. And shoot the weapon up in the air.
Stupid advice because: bullets have to come back down.
Also, if he loses the fight they may take his gun and shoot him with it. Or give them the opportunity to use their own gun like evicerated bicep guy tried to do. If he is winning the fight, the attacker may still pull his gun and shoot him.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Gun charge gone. When you have the lawyers and the judge debating whether the statute applies or not for hours it may indicate that the law is a bit confusing.
It's very confusing - even the judge commented on how jumbled it is. They have three different age categories for firearm possession and an odd definition of what constitutes a "dangerous weapon"

Reactions: muttly

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Hmmm not many news outlets putting the important fact that 2 of the 3 men had guns......or that 2 of them were convicted felons with guns.

Reactions: Turtle

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hmmm not many news outlets putting the important fact that 2 of the 3 men had guns......or that 2 of them were convicted felons with guns.
Or 3 of the 4 men were felons. They identified “jump kick guy” and he also has a felony record. Conveniently for the prosecution they identified him AFTER the trial.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Prosecutors think jury is to too reasonable......so they offer lesser charges to them.
I am with the defense he was protecting himself.
3 vs. 1 and 2 of them had guns but the prosecutor say rittenhouse should have fought them like a man....yea the prosecutor is that kind of Democrat I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
So of the 4 men that attacked rittenhouse.
1 stomped him in the chest while on the ground
1 hit rittenhouse in the head with a skateboard
2 had guns and one of them pointed a gun at rittenhouse.
But you all think rittenhouse should have not had a gun.....criminals do not follow the law.
Rittenhouse protected himself and others by killing these fools and let me add hes got great fire control because not one innocent bystander was harmed.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
But you all think rittenhouse should have not had a gun.....criminals do not follow the law.
Rittenhouse protected himself and others by killing these fools and let me add hes got great fire control because not one innocent bystander was harmed.
Pesky facts for some to acknowledge.

• Haha

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
But he drove 20+ miles to put himself in that situation, and the fact that he was only 17 at the time, why are his parents not facing charges? If he was asked for help that would be one thing, but he just showed up and thought he was helping.

The 2 that died, well we are better off without them. from what has been reported.

Just from all the publicity that this guy has had, I don't doubt he thought he was going to go to the riots and kill some black people ( I doubt he described them that way)

Either way this goes there will be riots, better get ready.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
But he drove 20+ miles to put himself in that situation, and the fact that he was only 17 at the time, why are his parents not facing charges? If he was asked for help that would be one thing, but he just showed up and thought he was helping.

The 2 that died, well we are better off without them. from what has been reported.

Just from all the publicity that this guy has had, I don't doubt he thought he was going to go to the riots and kill some black people ( I doubt he described them that way)

Either way this goes there will be riots, better get ready.
There is no evidence of that second from last part.

• Haha

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Just from all the publicity that this guy has had, I don't doubt he thought he was going to go to the riots and kill some black people
Soooo, you believe the slanderous propaganda the media has put forth. Interesting.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.