It's better than I imagined

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Sooooo.... I left Dallas on March 27 and traveled to Louisville, KY to meet my new boss and get my truck. Whooda believed I would start my new career on my birthday, March 28!!!!!!

I just love what I'm doing. My company, A. Blair Enterprises, never slows down. I ran for 8 weeks, and I'm just ending 2 1/2 days off back home. I'm expecting to get dispatched some time tomorrow for the weekend traffic out of Texas. Hope to get a run back up to Canada.

I talk to Big Bus Bob all the time on the phone. Although I can get online with my Sprint PCS phone, I don't have many opportunities. If I'm not driving, I'm trying to get a meal or catch up on my sleep. I bought a Wi-Fi NetGear device to use at the truck stops that have Wi-Fi.

All y'all gave me great advice and I listened well and I could not be more satisfied with my boss and think I picked a great company to work for. Although I'm driving a 1998 FL70 with only a 42 inch sleeper, I will be getting a new M2 before the winter hits. I have my XM Radio, lots of minutes on my phone plan, room to sleep, and, the laptop which lets me watch DVDs (I don't have room for a tv nor do I have the connections to plug it in!!! I can live with that.)

My first 2 times into Canada and the first load out of Canada didn't go well, but, now I get in and out with no problems. It's amazing how accomodating the imspectors are if all the paperwork is filled out correctly. I am getting into Canada about once a week now.

I lost one week of work because my truck was in terrible condition. I had to have lots of bulbs replaced, a motor mount replaced, the drive shaft tightened and the seal replaced, a lift pump replaced and a new fuel pump. After the week of work I lost and $3300 in repairs, I just haven't stopped.

Tonight, my cats are going to move in with my daughter and I'm going to end my lease at my apartment at the end of June. My daughter has bought a new home and has set up "Dad's Bedroom". I just love her to death!!!

Well, that's it for now. Can't thank you all enough.

Chet

Tony

Expert Expediter
I am happy to hear that it's all going great! Sounds like you got a good deal and a great daughter.

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I have a good thing going as long as I understand that it is a job, not a hobby. I don't refuse loads. If it's being offered I take it. He's proved to me that no matter where he sends me he'll find me a way back. One time, I took a load from Northeast Indiana to Baltimore. I figured I would never get out of there. That afternoon, I got a small one pallet load from the same location I delivered to to take back to St. Louis. He bid it as a van load and I got out of Baltimore and made money.

Somebody posts a "signature" either on this forum or another that says: "You can sleep after you deliver the load". That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

I'm back out today (Thursday). Just don't know where it will be or when yet.