Is TRI-STATE RUNNING or are they SITTING like MOST Carriers?

whistler

Active Expediter
Oh please, you mean you have not driven all day and night for 24 to 28 hours straight, sometimes without rest, sometimes with only a 3-4 hour nap? Let's be real here, I'm talking about van & sprinter drivers, not straight truck drivers who have electronic and/or paper logs to deal with. Why do you think we drive Sprinters in the first place? I'm interested in making money and you can't earn a dollar if you're taking a 10 hour nap every 11 hours. I'm just trying to figure out if this whole cargo/sprinter van thing has finally come to it's final conclusion or if there is still some life left in this industry.

Some of you folks must be rolling in cash and burning up your tires with miles right now in this awesome first quarter.
Lucky you.

troll_zpse2a66574.jpg

eklektek

Active Expediter
Save your money, dont live beyond your means and dont think miles for mediocre pay is going to solve your problems. Most important of all, have a plan and stick to it.

Good call Mr. Dynamite, you read between the lines. Call it a mid-life crisis. On a more positive note, I finally learned my lesson, albeit the hard way. Still, I need those miles to drag my sorry *** out of the financial hole I dug for myself.

eklektek

Active Expediter
My point exactly, if many of the company's operating today are only hiring people to work less than a 40 hour week just so they can avoid paying benefits then the least they can do is pay their workers not only a living wage but enough so that they may cover their own medical/dental/vision expenses.

As far as having a treasure chest in reserve to fall back on during the slow times, you may have a point. However, at least 96% of Americans are living check to check, while millions have lost their homes across America during this past decade. The lastest figures from the Dept. of Labor indicate that 90 MILLION people are either out of work or have given up searching for work, while millions more have settled for any job they can find, short of going on the govt. dole. Obviously, you're special, you work for a company that allows you to rack up mile after mile so you can sock away your savings. Good for you. You're house and your personal vehicle are probably paid in full too. Like I said, you're special. You even managed to find a company that does not expect you to take an 1800 mile run and then tell you to get it to the consignee ASAP, making sure to give you about 4 hours to fuel and sleep while enroute. Yes, you are a lucky man indeed. I wish I could be like you.

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
I have been in Trucking 7 years and all 7 of them had slow first quarters. Its seasonal.

This is why at year 4 we decided to scedule most of our maintenance in in q 1 as weelll as our time off.

terrylee

Active Expediter
I found what I needed to know reading this today. I've been expediting for 5 years now with the same company. I like my company and the dispatchers are good. I've never had any problem with making very comfortable income until this year. I've been sweating it out, not knowing what was going on. I hate it, but it makes me feel better knowing others are sitting as well. This quarter (I didn't know about that) has been the worse I have ever seen. So, does that mean this quarter is about over? Please, Lord.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The quarter is over. If you have been slow, not sure whether that would change that?

xxiv24

Expert Expediter
The quarter is over. If you have been slow, not sure whether that would change that?

Or it could mean, if you are still slow, that your company decisively has downs syndrome. :p

sent using my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator