is this a good deal

eric907

Expert Expediter
eric naillon hellow i am new to the business and have signed with panther ii i do not have my own truck i am going to drive for some one els first i have had an offer to drive a 2000 freaghliner fl70 witch is signed on with panther making 1.30 a mile the owner has offerd me 50% of the gross and me buy the fuel and pay the tolls the owner will pay for the upkeep and all permits i get all deed head
and detiontion money and layover pay but i am new at this and have never drove over the road before i have drove for about 10 years locally is this a good deal if not what do i need to look for and if so why thanks alot eric :)

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Eric, I'm afraid I disagree with lea. We have no way of knowing how many miles per gal. this truck gets so on a guess of 9 to 10, it's going to cost you (ballpark) .15 to .17 per mile to drive the truck. Depending on where you buy the fuel, some states being cheaper than others. Tolls are NOT going down, some are going up, PA turnpike recently raised their tolls and with PA being part of the "busy" freight lanes, there's a good chance you'd use that turnpike often. There's even talk that some states want to "add" certain roads to the turnpike list so there's another possible increase on the way. Please know that in no way am I trying to discourage you from expediting, however I would like to see you end up with the more typical 60/40 split, thus giving you a chance to end up closer to 50% net to yourself AFTER fuel and tolls. Also, maybe someone who drives for Panther can answer this one, FDCC pays for our permits and I always assumed (there's that word) that Panther would do the same. Can someone help me out here? If that is the case then some of the facts are being misrepresented to you. Just my humble opinion, I wish you the best! DD

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I think I miss my mind the most!!

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
What would you expect a recruiter to say??? You are so right DD. The 50/50 split is a bunch of crap. If you have to pay the fuel bill you should be getting a 60/40 split at the least. Read the archives in these forums. Don't be a fool! There are many owners that will give you a much better deal.

eric907

Expert Expediter
eric thanks alot for the info i realy need it i dont want to do something stooped that will cost me money and not make any thank alot :)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
You need a 60/40 split if you are paying the fuel ect. And yes, Panther pays for the permits ect.

Professor

Expert Expediter
BE SAFE AND DONT DRIVE AMYFASTER THAN YOUR ANGEL CAN FLY

Hi eric, first check your spelling and you will have a better chance at landing a good owner.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Professor, I didn’t get a chance to welcome you to the forum on Jan 7th, But Welcome to the forum. I hope your handle goes beyond its definition.

The reason I say that is because you are making a comment in a post about eric907’s spelling. Here on the EO forums we don’t criticize others for poor grammar or misspelled words. A member of this forum can have the worst grammar and be the poorest speller and be one of the best members and or drivers on EO. The EO forum is a safe, relaxing, and comfy place and we aim to keep it that way.

Besides what does correcting his spelling have to do with finding a good owner? OH!! By the way in what dictionary did you find the word AMYFASTER???