Is there much freight coming out of and going into Phoenix these days?

LTM

Expert Expediter
I am thinking about getting back into the expedite business after an 18 yr separation. When I was in, years ago my wife and I were a team for a fleet owner and were based in the Greenville, SC area. Now we live about 100 miles away from Phoenix AZ. and I would probably operate as a O/O single driver. With all the factors available I am not sure of the amount of freight that moves into and out of Phoenix , what class of truck would be good to start out in, and is it really worth my time and effort living so far away from automotive alley.

Thanks

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
and is it really worth my time and effort living so far away from automotive alley.
That right there is the thing. A few odd loads out of Phoenix now and then, but you're more likely to get loaded out of Nogales or Douglas. Or Calexico. And they'll to go the Midwest, usually. Then it could be months before you get a load back that way.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Deadhead to LA I'd say... ran a few out of there in my transport career, did a LA to Tulsa and a Lebec CA (just north of LA) to White Plains NY out at 10:30am Tuesday arriving NY on 3pm Friday. Longest run of my life not sure how I did it but I pulled it off solo. $1 per mile on both.