Is there money in expediting with an Arecell van?

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am kicking arround the idea of picking up a Chevy or GMC areocell van 14' or 16' body finnish out the first 4 or 5 feet for a sleeper and have 10 to 12 feet for cargo I figure 6 skid spots. Wanted to know what the avg GVW is on this and how much can I LEAGALY AND SAFELY CARRY. Loading untill the body scuffs the tires is not part of the plan.

Bob Wolf.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I am kicking arround the idea of picking up a Chevy or GMC areocell van 14' or 16' body finnish out the first 4 or 5 feet for a sleeper and have 10 to 12 feet for cargo I figure 6 skid spots. Wanted to know what the avg GVW is on this and how much can I LEAGALY AND SAFELY CARRY. Loading untill the body scuffs the tires is not part of the plan.

Bob Wolf.

Make sure to add a door pocket for your log book..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know why previous posters mentioned log book?... I have 13 feet and can carry 6 skids...what up guys?

CVing is tough act Bob....some former straight drivers can not make the adjustment...

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Log books is what separates the "real"expediters from the.......well you fill the blank. :D

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Star, you should share your recipe for wiener water soup.

On a good week I cut up actual hot dogs and put them in the water. I save the hot dog packages for bad weeks and throw them in the water to add flavor.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Bob Wolf.

Define "any money" Bob.....what do you expect or more importantly what would you NEED to make a go of it....? you have to establish the ground game before the passing starts...

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Could be. Maybe they were 6 skids that were 48x24 in dims!! I just need something with more headroom for freight. I've done fine with a XCV but have missed bidding on hundreds of loads at 50"+.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Could be. Maybe they were 6 skids that were 48x24 in dims!! I just need something with more headroom for freight. I've done fine with a XCV but have missed bidding on hundreds of loads at 50"+.

that is why I bought a Sprinter...well 1 reason..after about 5 yrs in a CV...no man should be on their knees with their pants around their ankles...LOL....

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
that is why I bought a Sprinter...well 1 reason..after about 5 yrs in a CV...no man should be on their knees with their pants around their ankles...LOL....

LOL!! You are correct, sir!!!! I'm not too proud to hop out of my van in boxers. I usually do the "sit on the side of the bunk to get 'em half way" method. It's that second half that's a beech. And forget tucking in a shirt, properly, while at a 45 degree angle!!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL!! You are correct, sir!!!! I'm not too proud to hop out of my van in boxers. I usually do the "sit on the side of the bunk to get 'em half way" method. It's that second half that's a beech. And forget tucking in a shirt, properly, while at a 45 degree angle!!!

on your back, feet to the roof and push...lift your hips and slide them on....LOL