Cargo Van Is there any cargo van freight between New York City and Philadelphia?

wayneygogo

Seasoned Expediter
Hello. I ended up in an area I said I would never go back to. I had to deadhead to Pennsylvania or Maryland. Is there any freight between New York City and Philadelphia period? Would appreciate any insight thanks

TDave

Expert Expediter
I'm in a straight truck and I get orders out of there all the time. Sometimes I do have to be patient though.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Retired now,but in the past I have got loads out of that area,st.truck and van. Once in st.truck i even had dispatch call me on the phone and ask me to pick 1 of 3 offers. I was with FedEx CC. I have sat there 3 days as well waiting. You just never know.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
There are many jobs out of nyc and long I sand I've never had trouble Jamaica is a very popular freight shipping area but it can get cut throat if you time it you can go in and out ez but it can change like the weather instantly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Anywhere in Jersey between Philly and Newark will be a good place to get loaded. I've rarely day more than 24 hours there.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
That's kind of what I saw the last two times I was here pricing is very competitive
I don't know where pricing is not very competitive these days. Just too many of us out here.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its not to many of us who are legit professionals out there.. Its too many fly by night, run cheap guys out there.

Reactions: Treadmill

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
Hello. I ended up in an area I said I would never go back to. I had to deadhead to Pennsylvania or Maryland. Is there any freight between New York City and Philadelphia period? Would appreciate any insight thanks
There's B unit freight coming out of Jamaica NY just about daily. You have to IAC qualified to get dispatched on them. Philadelphia is hard to predict for non white glove B loads. One day there can be 3 loads, then 2 days without no offers.
If your sitting in PHI you can get offers coming out of WIL, TRE, NEW, ALL, HRR, BAL WKB, ALX, even RIC. So you just have to sit and wait.