is it slow or just me

rdtrpn

Seasoned Expediter
im on a board that claims 9 avg loads daily, it went up to 10 a couple days later. ive been offered two mini loads in the last 5 days, one of those days being sunday, which i dont really count sundays. The point is i've been first out when i arrived and remained first out since those minis we're more than 8 hrs. I dont understand how they claim an extra load a day to 10 when there couldnt even be ten offered considering the other trucks in the area. hmmmm? Is everyone else solo or team experiencing slow times the last couple weeks.

Last edited:

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
Hey, You arent the Lone Ranger...LOL. The board Im on has been staying at 4 to 5 loads a day so they say (right , they want you to believe). Ive been home since 6-27-08 and have been offered 4 loads, 3 were the same load picking up at different times during 1 24 Hr period. 60 mi DH for a 102 mi load and would have been about 70 mi from home. Then a 90 mi load with 50 mi DH and been 60 mi frome home. Needless to say I turned them all down. Id rather rot on the vine at home than in some parking lot. Its just July and things should pick up in a week or 2 I hope.............Im a single in a cargo van.
________
IHNO

Last edited:

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Ah well, seems he that hesitates to get out into the system is lost again. Isn't that your motto? Guess you'll (as you suggest) jes hafta rot at home.

And, with the freight i've seen this summer, y'all have to be cherry pick'in ALL the time.

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
Ah well, seems he that hesitates to get out into the system is lost again. Isn't that your motto? Guess you'll (as you suggest) jes hafta rot at home.

And, with the freight i've seen this summer, y'all have to be cherry pick'in ALL the time.

Yea, I hesitate to leave home in July, Just like I do between xmas and new years. If you enjoy sitting out in a parking lot in July .......Have fun. I just save my pennies the rest of the year so I dont have to chase what little freight there is in July. Im glad you have had freight this summer......... And in july Im one cherry picking Mofo......I like my Home time.
________
I_AM_YOURS live

Last edited:

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Then, wuz that post a complaint, or, a brag that you are a home love'in mofo that needs to stay home, and good with it? Jes wonder'in.

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
Then, wuz that post a complaint, or, a brag that you are a home love'in mofo that needs to stay home, and good with it? Jes wonder'in.

Dang Man , You just like to stir the pot or what?? If you would read the first post the Man was looking for some info and I gave him what I had. The Man just joined EO this year, and maybe didnt know things usually slow down in July. If you are looking for a debate or something , let er fly..........Oh wait Im at home let me grab a Beer first.......and you get comfy in your truck.......OK..........Go
________
Laguna Bay II Condominium

Last edited:

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
it is usually slow in july, however this year for some reason have not noticed a slow down. 4000 plus a week since we came out july 2. that expediting for you, just another form of legalized gambling. hope those that are slow pick up and those that are good stay good.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Enjoy my truck?? Heh, heh. You really don't understand, do you?

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Your right I dont understand, I have no Idea were you are comming from with the above statement.........No one said anything about enjoying your truck.

let er fly..........Oh wait Im at home let me grab a Beer first.......and you get comfy in your truck.......OK..........Go

Roadpig

Expert Expediter
Shudtdown for "re-tooling" for many manufacturers has been extended past the typical two weeks. Now it's 4-8 weeks.

Some will NOT recover. That is the state of the economy.

But please, let's hand all of our work to computers and third world countries.....

juliewray60

Not a Member
Weird how this expedite biz comes in
waves aint it ? Were sleeping today
and prolly gonna sleep until this time
tomorrow. The FEDS have us running
like crazy women back n forth primarily
I10 & I20 from south east to south west.
Done four round trippers since the 4th
of July week. Maybe cause we dont
position ourselves anywhere near automotive
mfg lanes is the reason were so bizzy ?
This is gonna most deff be our best July
in 7 years.
BUT we sux'd in June. Everyone was kicking
butt and we were sitten. Weird business 4 sure.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
And that there Julie is what this bix is....crazy and unpredictable...good that you had a great July...and were the proverbial Julie's on the spot.....where as the Johnnies were sittin!!:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I think he was braggin that he's home and can afford not to sit in a hot parking lot...I'd be inclinded to agree there IF I had the pennies to do that....WAIT..I do...

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
I agree with ya on this on Col..........sounds like his 'home time' and beer drinking is more important than getting out, making money! Then whine about the board positions and freight moving. How would he know if freight is moving while sitting at home, drinking beer and only keeping track of one tiny, little board????
Yeah, let's drink another one while I wait for a load...........hhhhhmmmmmmm

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
I agree with ya on this on Col..........sounds like his 'home time' and beer drinking is more important than getting out, making money! Then whine about the board positions and freight moving. How would he know if freight is moving while sitting at home, drinking beer and only keeping track of one tiny, little board????
Yeah, let's drink another one while I wait for a load...........hhhhhmmmmmmm

Yea my home time is important, and I like to have a beer when Im at home. More important than making money?? I have found that if you play the game to your advantage, You dont have to be out sitting in a parking lot in July, You can take the month off and let the guys that live payday to payday sweat it out in July. While I enjoy a month of vacation. Its called planning ahead. There has been no Whining or complaining (go back and read the original question and my response) The guy wanted to know what was going on with other people and I let him know hes not alone. I talk to 4-5 other drivers just about every day or so, and nobody seems to be kicking no big fat butt, So IMO July is a good time to take it easy. I dont know why you die hards object or try to put me down for taking time off in july. ( Like I said before if you or anyone else wants to Debate bring er on)
________
JEISONHOT

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yea my home time is important, and I like to have a beer when Im at home. More important than making money?? I have found that if you play the game to your advantage, You dont have to be out sitting in a parking lot in July, You can take the month off and let the guys that live payday to payday sweat it out in July. While I enjoy a month of vacation. Its called planning ahead. There has been no Whining or complaining (go back and read the original question and my response) The guy wanted to know what was going on with other people and I let him know hes not alone. I talk to 4-5 other drivers just about every day or so, and nobody seems to be kicking no big fat butt, So IMO July is a good time to take it easy. I dont know why you die hards object or try to put me down for taking time off in july. ( Like I said before if you or anyone else wants to Debate bring er on)

I for one would not put ya down for relaxing in July...if I could sit at home I would....or I did when i lived in the east...i couldn't get home fast enough...*LOL*