Is it safe to put our coats away?

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Is it safe to put our winter coats and heavy clothes away yet?
Down here in Florida winter ended in March but this seems to be the winter that wouldn't end in the north.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Down here in Florida winter ended in March but this seems to be the winter that wouldn't end in the north.

Hard to tell with global warming. It gets very cold when it's too warm.

I have been following the nesting season in the north. It seems that there was heavy, wet, snow over most of Canada. That snow had near recorded record moisture. Nesting is 3 to 5 weeks behind the norm due to extreme cold temps.

It's all ALGORES fault to be sure.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

I would say it is safe to do so.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Their temps are weird. 40 is hot.
It's actually the other way around. i'v been holding ranches cross the globe my whole life, and still scratching my head why i need 2 tool boxes. while we @ it, why on earth do we have mm/day/yr & not day/mm/yr.
{or @ least yr/month/day/24/60/60...}
(yah...i know...too many star-track's).
Gallon ?... acres?... none metric ton?... # of congressman's?...
dose any of our system really make seance?
what's wrong with placing the FREEZING temp. @ the same place where WATER FREEZE?, how could we got it wrong?

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter

You got that right. Diane and I have not been to our Minnesota home since Christmas but our people there complained painfully about this year's late spring. Still getting snowed on in May, they lost all patience with winter.

Part of the answer you seek depends on the temperature you think is right to shed your heavy clothes. I once met Moose outdoors on what I thought was a cold winter day. He was prancing around lightly clothed, showing no discomfort. I concluded that day that the man is super-human.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Part of the answer you seek depends on the temperature you think is right to shed your heavy clothes. I once met Moose outdoors on what I thought was a cold winter day. He was prancing around lightly clothed, showing no discomfort. I concluded that day that the man is super-human.

I'm getting this close to giving Minnesota to Canada. :p

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I finally put away my winter coat, gloves & heavy sleeping bag. Switched out my Big Buddy heater with my smaller buddy heater. Going to keep it around for a while just in case :rolleyes: