Is it really slow right now?

BigBuzd1

Expert Expediter
in the last 14 days we've had 6 loads @ 4765 miles and we're in a D unit

We would have been out of Laredo yesterday and in Canada by tomorrow but I screwed up, read the pickup time wrong, and dispatch didn't bother to notify me until I was already showing 1.5 hour delay, then they waited until I got 60 miles into a 200 or so DH to yank me from the load. When in all actuality, they never get the pickup time correct when set up for another timezone, I'm always "early" when i arrive "ON TIME" in another timezone...so I would have still made it in time, although not according to their 47mph...but to the 70mph road I was traveling I would have...or at least within 30 min.
It was a pickup in the middle of the day...they could have bumped the time a little to compensate for my stupidity, I think! If I would have lied and said I had a flat, like the driver I took a swap from who was a solo driver, it wouldn't have been a prob. They bumped my swap with him by 5 hours (for a flat? sounds more like a nap, lol)
I'm surprised the QC didn't disintegrate in my hands I was so hot!lol

Oh that felt good to get outta my system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
yep Buz, ya gotta read everything like it's testable, because, it probably is.

BigBuzd1

Expert Expediter
yea
I do to...I just mixed up the time in my head. it was an 1600 p/u but for some reason i was thinking 6pm. Just a "brain fart" is all! I had just finished the pti when they come over qc and say, "Hey you, rdy to roll? showing over an hour delay" 30 miles down the road and I'm 2 hours in the hole.
oh well...with that only happening 1 other time in 3 yrs I suppose I'm doing okay.

BTW still sitting in Laredo. With all the ice and whatnot going north maybe I'm glad I didn't go? Everything happens for a reason!

FlameMerc

Expert Expediter
I went back out on the 8th. So far have had 783 miles, and have set 5 of those days. I gave up and came home for a few days....Butch

D unit Express-1

are12

Expert Expediter
We delivered in Trenton, NJ yesterday. We called dispatch for the stats and we were told there were 5 straight trucks sitting and they were averaging less than a load a day. Since we were only 2 hours from home, decided to sit here instead of sitting at another truckstop for days.

Did get a couple of offers, the one was 138 miles out, 99 pd miles - sure wanted that one!!! This way we could have dh home again! Did get a decent load offer going to Alabama but we needed them to move the p/u time by an hour and they could not do it - so decided to just take a couple of days off and take care of some things at home. Really need to et the rest of my outside decorations down and take our female to the vets. My Shiloh has been limbing since Christmas and I was hoping it might have been a sprain but when we came home, she is still limbing so I made an appointment for tomorrow.

Sure hope things pick up soon!

elway

Seasoned Expediter
Not for us since the 1st of the year we have ran hard till we came home the 18th we have have done almost 11,000 to the truck. So life is going ok

are12

Expert Expediter
To those that have been busy, what company are you with, are you in Elite Services/White Glove? Are you o/o or do you run for someone else? Just curious.

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have been service From jan 2 till now with 3100 paid mile average per week, But I wonder how long it will last, they finally talk me into running team. We will find out soon as we are picking on Sunday am going to Lardeo from Nashville.

Steve
Tri-State #368
D-Unit

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Up until I screwed up and went for a semi (forget the pun)dedicated run that instead of working all weekend,ended up sitting all week end,here in Dallas, along with about 25 other FedEx trucks,I've been sort of busy for this time of year
I'm not going into the figures,I'm not recruiting,in fact wish about 500 trucks would quit,but thats life as an expeditor
My figures are better than last year though.