is bolt a joke

buckeyewildman

Seasoned Expediter
in light of another thread on another part of this site why don,t we have some bolt driver say what they think of bolts freight rate whether it be for van or straight truck or even tractor trailer hell if you are afraid to state your mind for fear of reprisal just email or pm me and i will post it minus the drivers name my email is [email protected] so come on lets be honest and chef just because you are the favorite one you can still state your opinion

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
It would seem to me it's not Bolt Express Freight rates, it's what the independent contractor will haul it for. If a contractor Say's I can not run my business for that rate. It's a business decision. The carrier will try and find someone who will. If not, I would think they would start to raise their bid rate.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
you want it here or in the main forum? when i read tjp's rant, i figured my last 7 runs, i used the last 7 because stay out 21 days and was on my way home... i avg'd $.81 cpm all in....and over 3200 pd miles with 512 dh miles...ill post it up there in the morning...i just need to figure out how to title and start the thread...i will tell you that i have had bolt drivers ask me to stop posting my locations because it half azz lets others know how many miles i am running......

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I'm working on a spead sheet to track my numbers. Until then I have little to publish. No use publishing unorganized numbers. The numbers are only going to mean something if they're framed properly.

eb

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
cd,

It sounds like you have two groups of people complaining about you. One group who thinks you are getting their miles and rates, and then another group who doesn't want anyone to know it is possible to get good miles and rates. Hmm.

I'm just living and learning.

eb

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
eb....when we quit learnin and figure we know it all, is when it will all come tumbling down around us....as for those that aren;t happy with the situation, i don't think most of them would be happy anywhere else either....

i have talked to 3 bolt van drivers in the last week, none of them had complaints about miles or rates.....sure they had a few low rate runs, but they weren't the norm......so, i am just here to enjoy myself, pay the bills i incur out here and give "letz" something to whine about :D well that last one isn't a priority, but iy is fun.....:D

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
It would seem to me it's not Bolt Express Freight rates, it's what the independent contractor will haul it for. If a contractor Say's I can not run my business for that rate. It's a business decision. The carrier will try and find someone who will. If not, I would think they would start to raise their bid rate.

And you will be "back burnered" by dispatch until you are needed . and as for "NON FORCED DISPATCH" .....HA what a joke!!! and then they want a direct load done for .86 cpm ... got better companies that want my services at a much better price

JOE

paullud

Veteran Expediter
And you will be "back burnered" by dispatch until you are needed . and as for "NON FORCED DISPATCH" .....HA what a joke!!! and then they want a direct load done for .86 cpm ... got better companies that want my services at a much better price

JOE

How have you been doing on miles and other rates?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I was happy with my two tours at Bolt. I took some lowly paying loads. To my way of thinking if you have never delivered to a area how do you know if it's good or bad.
The head of Driver Relations thought he could talk down to me as if I were child. I didn't like it and Bolt turned me lose.
Easier to replace a Van then a Head of Driver Relations.:p

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I was happy with my two tours at Bolt. I took some lowly paying loads. To my way of thinking if you have never delivered to a area how do you know if it's good or bad.
The head of Driver Relations thought he could talk down to me as if I were child. I didn't like it and Bolt turned me lose.
Easier to replace a Van then a Head of Driver Relations.:p

If you are talking about Adam he is gone now, I don't know why but we got a message on the QC that the new driver relations dept is an email address.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I don't recall his name or ever meeting him in person. I E mailed Ms. Muszynski back in the Spring to see if I were out of the penalty box. She said Adam and Mark don't want you to darken our threshold again.
Personally I liked it at Bolt.

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
How have you been doing on miles and other rates?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

With the company I am with right now I am averaging 1.69 cents per mile.

Doubt that if you want too, but all my checks have been between 800.00 and 1250.00 and that's on a 60/40 split and after fuel and insurance expenses

By the way EB, Kamal dances to the bank with a smile on his face now

Ps- Bolt Express can go somewhere with their cheep rates
Sent from my LG-VS700 using EO Forums

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
I don't recall his name or ever meeting him in person. I E mailed Ms. Muszynski back in the Spring to see if I were out of the penalty box. She said Adam and Mark don't want you to darken our threshold again.
Personally I liked it at Bolt.

Bill,
There are A LOT better companies than BOLT

As the old saying goes:
Don't cry over spilled milk

Joe
Sent from my LG-VS700 using EO Forums