international trucks

jrgibbs1

Seasoned Expediter
Does any one know how well these trucks hold up. I recently came across several International 7500 trucks that look like they would fit my needs, But the only experience I have with they is in the Dump Truck form, work horses, but not as an OTR
truck.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have owned 3 Internationals 2 4900`s and one 4700. All had Dt 466 engines. This engine is referred to as "Bullet Proof" by some.

I had a total of 4 injectors replaced in one of those engines due to a poor design. Supposedly this was corrected in future versions of the injectors.

All in all I was pretty satisfied with the"Binders".

texan_cowgirl

Seasoned Expediter
Please don't buy a international I have a 2005 international 7500 HT570 .We have so many problems with it . I'm going to put a sign on it saying " ALWAYS NEEDING "

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
been driving a 7500/ht570 we bought new for over three years, only had one trubo actuator problem,300.00 fixed it.we have 381000 plus on it,allison 6speed auto--have heard many dis the truck but we have found it to be a solid truck,but with the typical internatioal air noise.truck has a lot of get up and go to many think it should be driven like a racer hence many problems.

jrgibbs1

Seasoned Expediter
yeah, thats my experience with them, real trucks, money makers. I remember the Brinks guys next to where I used to work, they drove those things like they stole the money inside of them
they arent very pretty, but they get the job done:cool:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Drove one, didn't like it. Turbo went and cost me a load out of Laredo. Engine went and cost me a month off the road till I could buy my own truck; which pizzed off the normally easy-going owner, when I told him. Sorry... but I can't put my life on hold for a company (International) and a dealer that couldn't seem to get their heads out of their alimentary canals. Actually, it ended up being luck that it happened when it did, as I was going to take over the lease on the truck. Heck... the one you're talking about may even be the one I drove. How many miles does it have on it? I can tell you one thing... the bunk and box leaked (Alumi...)

Refer Hauler

Expert Expediter
Just sold my 02 9400I absolutley no problems with it. One thing to consider is that many smaller towns have an IH dealer providing service and parts. Something not found from the other truck manufactures

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just sold my 02 9400I absolutley no problems with it. One thing to consider is that many smaller towns have an IH dealer providing service and parts. Something not found from the other truck manufactures

True, but it isn't much good when most of them close at 5pm and stock minimal parts. International has about the same amount of real dealers (good hours and parts avail) as FTL.

Your 02 was the last of the breed of good simple International trucks. It's a shame they seem so bent on moving everything into that new cab style. The trucks just aren't the same.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
I can never understand when someone asks about a certain brand truck there are negative comments about the brand due to engine problems . I could see making negative comments about problems with a Volvo engine in a Volvo or a Mack engine in a Mack but it doesn't make sense to say an International is not a good truck because of problems with a Detroit Diesel . Freightliners use the same engine .
As for T/A's having Freightliner service , it is very limited . I wasted 3 hours calling out a T/A road service for injector service on a Freightliner . It was beyond their capabilities and I ended up being towed to a Freightliner shop .

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
He was asking about a 7500, chances are pretty good it has an IH motor in it.