International 4300 w/air suspension

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I'd bet the ones that are out there are former penske, Ryder, and enterprise, past rental abused trucks, with spring ride , not a good truck in my book, mine was an off lease, non rental, private owner refer, that I bought as cab and chassis, w/air suspension, in very good condition, with low miles, so we shall see, it's almost done being frankensteined, I should have final pics by mid week, waiting on door stickers now, it's been an adventure for sure.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'd bet the ones that are out there are former penske, Ryder, and enterprise, past rental abused trucks, with spring ride , not a good truck in my book, .......
That pretty much describes my truck. My owner bought it about 2 years ago. However, it wasn't a rental, it was leassed. Suits us just fine.

Last edited:

TDave

Expert Expediter
That looks to be a pretty sharp looking truck. Just curious what's the mpg? What is the size of the motor?

tknight

Veteran Expediter
The way I drive about 9 mpg I tend to run around 2000 rpm or less I'm never in a hurry I found it just sucks fuel and what do you save nada thing.

mugurpe

Seasoned Expediter
I have one of those engines, I like it, pulls well, and I get similar mileage. Seems to start better in the cold that samilar CAT engines I've had. Truck looks great, except for my one pet peeve... hub oil caps painted over with white. Keep an eye on those fuel-tanks and straps, those rust badly quickly, I've replaced both on mine. Make a little mudflat for the fronts out of some epdm.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I'm harvesting my 115 gallon aluminum tank and steps from my freight liner m2 so rust away who cares!

Reactions: TDave