Intermitent cruise control

jeffman164

Seasoned Expediter
I have a 2000 , FL - 80 . The cruise control works intermitently . Sometimes for long periods and at other times only for a few minutes or less . Is it all electrical or is it vaccuum . Anybody else with same problem or more importantly easy fix solution . THANK YOU !!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Type of engine?

I don't think that it would be a vacuum cruise, I have an ISC with electronic cruise and the problem I have is with the fuel pressure sensor wiring in the harness that every once in a while will cause my cruise to quit.

grog111

Seasoned Expediter
This is a common problem with Freightliner. Fortunately its an easy fix. It's a 10 dollar switch behind your instrument cluster. Happens all the time.

grog111

Seasoned Expediter
Honestly Greg, I don't think the engine type matters. my FL70 with the little cat motor had this problem as does my FL106 with the Detroit diesel. Apparently it's some small censor behind the instrument cluster and Freightliner dealers seem to be quite aware of the problem. The good news is it seems to be a fairly easy fix.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
The reason I asked is that there are a couple of issues with cummins and the ecm with the cruise being released while driving.

Also I have three different diagrams for two different engines, one for the 3126 and two for the ISC and the cruise is wired differently in each one.

And I was curious!

As for a sensor, I am wondering about that. OK, never mind.