Interested in Driving For FedEx Custom Critical

mattster

New Recruit
Driver
I am interested in driving one of the large straight trucks that I've seen with FedEx Custom Critical on them. After watching a few YouTube videos about people doing this, it sounds like something that I would like to try. I have my Class A CDL although I never really did much with it. I didn't like driving tractor trailers all that much but became curious about FedEx after seeing one of the trucks. Does anyone do this solo or are they all pretty much team? I am not opposed to team driving but would prefer solo. How would I go about getting started? I have hazmat and all of the regular endorsements, including passenger. How are the loads? Does FedEx keep you running? I don't mind being out and about for a month or so at a time either. Could someone point me in the right direction?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
> The Newbie section
> Fed Ex carrier section

☠.. Online courses now available for Pot Stirring

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You keep saying Go to Load One and make more money.
Yet every time I ask how much I hear crickets.
I can believe there are a lot of positives about working at L1, why do we never hear real numbers ?
Not the killer loads, but total miles/ total income per year type numbers.

Geo keeps saying go to Ceva, but I haven’t heard of waiting lists there.

Reactions: ntimevan

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I know a team of rookies, young, energetic, and new to trucking, that did over $300,000 in their first 12 month’s at FedEx.
They thought, why give the owner 40% when we do all the work. They promptly bought their own truck.
My last TVal truck was at $208,000 after 8 month’s. Cruising to $300,000 plus when a family situation changed our priorities.
Sure the costs of a new TVAL truck may be $25-30,000 per year more than a similar dry box.
In the end, where can you profit more in this industry ?
Landstar, seems a good guess.
Load One ? You get treated nice.
I could handle a little BS for increased income.

mattster

New Recruit
Driver
After I heal up from surgery, I think I may end of looking for a fleet owner to drive for. I just saw a Craigslist posting for Expediter Services. Maybe I'll look them up.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I ran into an expedite cargo van team at a motel and it sparked my interest, and they gave me far less information than one can get from YouTube.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
C'mon Mark, you can do better than this. "Saw it on You Tube" and it looks like a good idea??

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
Sometimes the Light Bulb needs recharged .. and i am getting a low supply of sticks ... maybe Murray can book You on an Expedite load from Ovm's warehouse to me ..

Reactions: Turtle

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Sometimes the Light Bulb needs recharged .. and i am getting a low supply of sticks ... maybe Murray can book You on an Expedite load from Ovm's warehouse to me ..

Spending the weekend in Indy playing Hoosier. Trying to figure out the difference between a Hoosier and Hoser from Canuckland?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

asap4u

Expert Expediter
I can hook you up with a wine run in Napa Valley Apr-Sept and Pharma Oct-March Fedex CC. PM me for details.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
The reason we Load One drivers don't post our rates is because they vary as we are all percentage, not flat rate.
I was at FDCC for six years. Landstar for one and Load One for over three years now. If you seriously want to know our rates PM me and I'll send you this years gross, miles and number of days in service.

Sent from my XT1254 using EO Forums mobile app

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The reason we Load One drivers don't post our rates is because they vary as we are all percentage, not flat rate.
I was at FDCC for six years. Landstar for one and Load One for over three years now. If you seriously want to know our rates PM me and I'll send you this years gross, miles and number of days in service.

Sent from my XT1254 using EO Forums mobile app

We know each other a little.
I had lunch with you and the wife a few times at FedEx.
I think we had lunch just before your wife got off the truck. Out west, pretty sure You were still Fedex then.
I appreciate the offer of your numbers.
To me they’re personal. I never publish mine. But I don’t brag about them because I don’t care to share them.

Spedz13

Rookie Expediter
Driver
After I heal up from surgery, I think I may end of looking for a fleet owner to drive for. I just saw a Craigslist posting for Expediter Services. Maybe I'll look them up.

I would say call Expediter Services but Miss Kim is the Head recruiter she is a very busy lady If you like I can give you her email address and she can call you back its easier to get her that way :) By the way Alisha is the lady that does the fleet for Fed Ex cc at ES she is a very ummm blunt person but when your right she will back you up. I cant say anything bad about anyone there to be honest. (I dont consider someone being blunt a bad thing). Although I do know (unless they have changed it since I was there or talked to Miss Kim) they only do teams at FED Ex CC. One other thing they dont mess around with maintance they keep there trucks TIP TOP shape you call and say I think theres something wrong and they will have you go to a TA/shop and get it fixed ASAP