Insurance

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
I would certainly appreciate the names of any reliable and cost effective commercial insurance companies that might specialize in cargo van coverages.

My auto insurance agent doesn't have a clue.

I'll consider all, but I do live in Moraine, Ohio.

Thanks to all.

randy123

Expert Expediter
RANDY try transport ins. their in sylvania ohio. i will post a number tomarrow. thay maybe online. their the cheapest i could find.....

X1_SRH

Expert Expediter
If you are planning on signing your van on with a company, many of them can give you a very reasonable group rate on your comp and collision as well as your non-trucking liability insurance. If you talk to any recruiters be sure and ask them about it. Most can give you a quote on the spot.

Best Wishes - Scott

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Thanks to Randy and Scott for your input!

The company I am considering does not provide insurance. The best rate on comp and collision plus the non-trucking liability insurance that I have found is $326.00/month.

I have checked with those companies who offer group rates when you are driving for them and one rate was $120.00/month, but they pay 10 cents less per mile and their monthly fees (Qualcomm, sign up, etc) are going to average another $100.00+ per month.

Initially it appears that I would be money ahead by going with the company I mentioned and bearing the cost of the insurance myself.

bigguy1001

Expert Expediter
There is an advertiser on the home page of this web site. Commercial Insurance Services. They are located in Akron, OH. EO did a feature story on the agency a couple of months ago. The owners name is Shelly. Hit the link and give them a call. The times I have spoken with her she seemed very interested in the expedite business. Good Luck.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I agree with Randy about Transport Insurance. I tried getting coverage with them... easy and cheap. It was after I sent my deposit thru that they realized they don't insure any vehicle over 15 years old :p

Regardless... they are the cheapest by far that I've called. I'll be getting it thru them on my next truck.

X X

Expert Expediter
dhalltoyo , who have you found for 326 a month if you don't mind me asking. I am in the process of getting my own authority.