Big Truck Insurance new authority NY

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
If you use a car vin to get cheaper insurance for trucking and don't put the real truck vin its fraud...now say you or a driver you hired gets into a accident and you never added the truck to the insurance.....YOU are liable for the whole thing because the insurance will not pay out because the truck was never covered.

Jason_Devore

Rookie Expediter
Driver
No I used a truck vin to start. I did not play any games there. I put up the Amazon level ($1mm/$2mm) up front and paid more but I got Amazon and authority activated within a reasonable amount of time so the extra money wasn't too bad. I could have finessed it a bit and saved with the "hack" but I was hell bent on just getting out there and starting with what I needed to do any broker etc.

The minute I got my truck off the lot I pulled over 1 block down and called Progressive with the VIN.

I have a 2021 Ford F650 gas version which had 4k miles on it. The number progressive threw back at me kinda scared me. LOL

Truck is awesome though.

Last edited:
Reactions: danthewolf00

Jason_Devore

Rookie Expediter
Driver
That is a big gas engine.....v-10 7 liter I think.
It's a gas version so I think it's a 7.5L, 8cyl engine. Thing has some giddyup though, don't need the slow lane on hills even with 10k pounds.. I understand this engine will last a significantly less amount of time than a cummins however.

Reactions: danthewolf00