Big Truck Insurance new authority NY

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
If you use a car vin to get cheaper insurance for trucking and don't put the real truck vin its fraud...now say you or a driver you hired gets into a accident and you never added the truck to the insurance.....YOU are liable for the whole thing because the insurance will not pay out because the truck was never covered.

mykalhenry

New Recruit
Driver
No I used a truck vin to start. I did not play any games there. I put up the Amazon level ($1mm/$2mm) up front and paid more but I got Amazon and authority activated within a reasonable amount of time so the extra money wasn't too bad. I could have finessed it a bit and saved with the "hack" but I was hell bent on just getting out there and starting with what I needed to do any broker etc.

The minute I got my truck off the lot I pulled over 1 block down and called Progressive with the VIN.

I have a 2021 Ford F650 gas version which had 4k miles on it. The number progressive threw back at me kinda scared me. LOL

Truck is awesome though.

Last edited:
Reactions: danthewolf00

mykalhenry

New Recruit
Driver
That is a big gas engine.....v-10 7 liter I think.
It's a gas version so I think it's a 7.5L, 8cyl engine. Thing has some giddyup though, don't need the slow lane on hills even with 10k pounds.. I understand this engine will last a significantly less amount of time than a cummins however.

Reactions: danthewolf00