INFO on UPS SCS

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I hate to state the obvious, but why not try contacting them. Also, as far as I know they are not really an expedite company, most of their trucks are day cab tractors and daycab straights.
I do pickups and deliveries for them here in Indiana
They have moved in/merged with Overnite Trucking BTW

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
lol yea nobody told me they shared space in dallas went by the place a billon times do to the fact they put all the overnite trailers facing out, and the little ups sign kept dark at night.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I noticed a weird thing about the UPS SCS straight trucks. It's obviously an International truck but the logos, model number, engine tag everything is removed from the truck, even the International logo on the grill is removed. Guess they don't like advertising, even though most everyone still knows it's an International

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That has been a long time practice of UPS. From package cars to tractors, very little chrome or make and model placcards. Their Mack road tractors retain the bulldog hood ornament though.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Below are 3 UPS tractors all from different manufacturers. The Mack has some gold pin-striping along the hood.

Attachments

• UPS   International.jpg
    UPS International.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 20
  • UPS Ford Aeromax.jpg
    UPS Ford Aeromax.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 15
  • UPS Mack Vision.jpg
    UPS Mack Vision.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 14

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
I hate to state the obvious, but why not try contacting them. Also, as far as I know they are not really an expedite company, most of their trucks are day cab tractors and daycab straights.
I do pickups and deliveries for them here in Indiana
They have moved in/merged with Overnite Trucking BTW
Not quite merged . UPS bought Overnite in 2005