info on fed excc

mdscott

Seasoned Expediter
my wife and i are thinking about going to work for an O/O. we
are currently co drivers otr. we run between 5 and 6 K a week.
what can we realisticly average expect to make. we will do a
60/40 plus fsc. we pay fuel exp and that is all. we run hard
and do not turn lds down. we will run anywhere. any help would
be greatly appreciated.

bruchar

Expert Expediter
We've been with Fedexcc for 12 years. One thing you will have to get used to is sitting, compared to the 5 - 6 k a week your doing now. What's more important to you, pay per mile or more miles for less pay?

We are OO so I cannot speak for working for a fleet owner. But I commend you on starting out with an owner first, that way you can try it out and see if expediting is for you or not, before jumping in and purchasing equipment from the start.

You'll be getting started at a good time considering most of the first quarter is slow. Best of luck to you and wish you all the best. Many people are here to help.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
> my wife and i are thinking about going to work for an O/O.
>we
>are currently co drivers otr. we run between 5 and 6 K a
>week.
>what can we realisticly average expect to make. we will do a
>60/40 plus fsc. we pay fuel exp and that is all. we run hard
>and do not turn lds down. we will run anywhere. any help
>would
>be greatly appreciated.

Well one thing I can tell you about FECC is that you do NOT want to take every load that they offer you.You will find out very quickly that they will try and get you to take some very crappy loads,and to some places that you really should not go to.

mdscott

Seasoned Expediter
thank
you for the info. we have several questions. would it be possible to
talk to you? trying to figure this message thing out. how would i
give u my cell # without putting it on an open forum? thanx

?

Special K

Expert Expediter
As Doggie Daddy says, it's important NOT to take some loads. For instance, Doc and I were in California a couple weeks ago, and we got an offer from somewhere in CA to Albuquerque,NM. Now Albuquerque is not the most remote location in the expediting world, but it's 400+ miles to Phoenix, and 600+ to Dallas. You have to consider that when you're counting "all miles". Counting those, the load would have paid less than 80 cents a mile. We asked for a 50 cent all miles relocation to Phoenix afterward, the company wouldn't go for it, so we refused it. The next offer was to Lehi, Utah, an even more remote location, with the same result. You really have to decide if you're in this business to make money, or just for the fun of driving.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Granted all loads wont suit you,but if the customers loads are not picked up,fed ex cc or any other company will know longer be in business.this morning I turned a D load down from los angeles to seattle, I new that there was a D unit that could do it,if he wouldnt then I would have.you just cant look at this business with a 1 run theory.sure a load might not be near the right area,but you know the say it takes money to make money,everyone,here is s some sound advise,that dead head is same as the money it takes to make that money,and I know your saying then why didnt I take that load,being it was a Saturday pick up,like I said I would have if the D truck didnt take it,but we are really trying hard to be home by weds.already been on road 1 to many weeks

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Can a moderator explain what happened to my post in this thread? It was number 5. There was hardly anything offensive or controversial about it. Where did it go and why?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I didn't see it, and I don't see anything mentioned about it.
Try to repost it.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator