INFO ON DUI

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
M A, a few with dinner and a short drive home is a responsible way to behave. You would have no problem driving in a competent manner and if you were to blow for a cop your numbers would be acceptable. It's those that are'nt that responsible that are a problem.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
What gets me is why on vacation, or your personal vehicle are CDL holders only tollerated half of what the other general public are tollerated at? Think a pilot could jeoperdize more lives than a truck driver does he get away when he blows a 6 or 7? Why not doctors, has a two beers at the pool, someone has an accident and he is the only one to perform his duty.

We all have personal lives, and mine should not be subject to what I do off of work when others are classified differetnly. Heck this guy might have only blown a 4 or 5 as a non CDL holder he would not qualify and intoxicated and also as for not knowing when is the last time you ever saw a alchol meter inside of a bar. How do yo know if your legal limit is 1 beer (which some of you view as intoxicated) ( I do not) or three is your limit for .08.

Just my observation on the subject I do not understand why or how we are expected to be held to higher standards than oh lets say a Police Officer with a GUN even if he is off duty at his best friends house he is only held to the general publics standards of .08.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Because we don't raise crap when things are dictated to us. Because when a four wheeler gets into an accident with a big truck, WE are the scapegoats! Because with more limits placed on us, the public gets the perception that things are hunky dory, and they can continue to drive like idiots.

One other thing. Truckers are generalized as the turnip that fell off the truck. Granted, a lot of truckers wouldn't have second thoughts of downing a 6 pack and jumping in the seat to do a load. But we are one of the few industries left that gives this kind of power to a group that hasn't graduated high school. What scares me more is the fact that the ppl who are currently writing laws that WE have to abide by, don't have a friggen clue about TRUCKING!

Having said that, I agree that someone who gets knocked with a DUI should be penalized as far as a truck driving job. How far? Depends on the circumstance. But I know there are still a ton of cowboys out there who are looking to down more than a couple on their 10 off.

garman351

Expert Expediter
(HOTRODD)

HOW COULD ANYBODY DRIVE FOR A LIVING EVEN BE SO STUPID FIRST OFF! TO DRIVE DRUNK LET ALONE BE DUMB ENOUGH TO ASK? "LETS SEE I WILL BE IN HIGH RISK INSURANCE FOR THE NEXT SEVERAL YEARS I'M SURE SOME OWNER/OPERATOR WILL NOT HAVE A PROBLEM PAYING IN THAT EXTRA FEW THOUSAND DOLLARS TO COVER ME, IF A INSURANCE COMPANY IS STUPID ENOUGH TO EVEN CONSIDER ME AT ANY PRICE!

YOU NOW HAVE A MISD AND YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO CANADA!

WERE ALL LUCKY YOUR OFF THE ROAD NOW! NEXT TIME YOU WOULD OF THOUGHT HAY A FEW BEERS I CAN DRIVE THIS BIG RIG HOME IT'S ONLY A FEW MILES ANYWAY BESIDES I'VE DROVE MY CAR WITHOUT BEING CAUGHT MANY TIMES BEFORE. "THAT IS HOW IT STARTS."

(GOOD MOVE) WAS IT WORTH IT?

garman351

Expert Expediter
(TeamDrivers2)
You sound like the kind of a guy who enjoy's being kicked around by a few fat people when you open your mouth, or your just a guy with a big mouth!

I'm not sure what planet you came from? last time I had heard all drivers are Federally mandated to pass all (DOT) regulations.

Next time your at a truck stop look around for a Big Johnson Trucking white truck and walk up to the two drivers and tell them what you think about big drivers! These two boy's weight around 300 pounds each and worked on a farm their whole life at least from that point on when you tell your story your hands will still be shaking from meeting a couple of fat boy's from Michigan!

the problem with this country it's people like you who dirty it up with your filthy looks and attitudes towards others.

HOTRODD

Seasoned Expediter
>(HOTRODD)
>
>HOW COULD ANYBODY DRIVE FOR A LIVING EVEN BE SO STUPID FIRST
>OFF! TO DRIVE DRUNK LET ALONE BE DUMB ENOUGH TO ASK? "LETS
>SEE I WILL BE IN HIGH RISK INSURANCE FOR THE NEXT SEVERAL
>YEARS I'M SURE SOME OWNER/OPERATOR WILL NOT HAVE A PROBLEM
>PAYING IN THAT EXTRA FEW THOUSAND DOLLARS TO COVER ME, IF A
>INSURANCE COMPANY IS STUPID ENOUGH TO EVEN CONSIDER ME AT
>ANY PRICE!
>
>YOU NOW HAVE A MISD AND YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO CANADA!
>
>WERE ALL LUCKY YOUR OFF THE ROAD NOW! NEXT TIME YOU WOULD OF
>THOUGHT HAY A FEW BEERS I CAN DRIVE THIS BIG RIG HOME IT'S
>ONLY A FEW MILES ANYWAY BESIDES I'VE DROVE MY CAR WITHOUT
>BEING CAUGHT MANY TIMES BEFORE. "THAT IS HOW IT STARTS."
>
>(GOOD MOVE) WAS IT WORTH IT?

I'st of all BOZO I dont drive for a living.I've had a commerical license sence 1986.I've always maintained it as a possible back up
in case I wanted to go into another type of business.Should my current business fail.I have the finances to purchase my own vehicle,insurance and own authority.So its not that I would have to be dependent on some trucking for a living at poverty wages. I'm sure if the little mouse in your pocket could talk you've probley done the same thing some time in your life(just havent got caught YET). As for going to Canada never lost anything there so what's the need to even go there.So that all of you understand this DWI was not in a big rig ,but in a personal vehicle( doesnt make it right, but S_ _ _ happens). SO the next time any of you are down at your local PUB had one to many,practice what you've been preaching on here to me.Or you could be the next one. Enough said CASE CLOSED.I'll live live with what I've done and go on with life.