INFO ABOUT FEDEX C.C.

RSCOTTJR

Expert Expediter
I AM THINKING ABOUT GOING TO FEDEX CUSTO CRITICAL.CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW THE O/O ARE DOING WITH THEN??????????????

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Hi, Welcome to EO. Hubby and I are with Fed Ex driving a D unit.
They've kept us pretty busy lately and the winter months were not as slow as we had anticipated. What is your unit size and do you drive solo or team?

KEEP SMILING, MAKES EVERYONE WONDER WHAT YOU'RE UP TO

rollnthunder

Expert Expediter
Well im also been talking with the recruiter....My way of thinking on the issue of is this company good or is it bad ...Is simple..The companies all have there good points and bad points.One day you love working for them the next day you wonder why im still here.And it also has alot to do with how well you can bite your tongue on things.If you dont agree with something just go with the flow with in reason.We all know what happens when you make dispatch mad...Like i said im highly considering going to Fedex c.c. also.I would be a solo driver.But i have a team driver if needed.But like i said Every company has good and bad points.Also not every driver is the same so you may talk to someone who drives for them and they love it there and make all kinds of money.Then you could talk to someone else and they Just flat out hate it there and wish they left there a long time ago...So if you want some good info on a company make sure you talk to a Person that has been with the company as a O/O for a while...Not a newbie...Thats just my 2 cents....

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Rollnthunder you've hit the nail on the head. There's good and bad with all companies just as there's good and bad with all people. We've not met any unhappy fedexers on the road, just those here on this site. The negative posts here concerning fed ex could be said of any company out there and, like any hearsay, need to be taken with a grain of salt. After seeing the results of my husband solo driving for a couple of weeks while I stayed home to take care of family matters, I will concede that the frustrations of solo drivers concerning money matters are just, as it took him a week to make what we can make driving team in a couple of days. I know I'll probably get negative feed back from this but oh well. Ultimately we all have to decide for ourselves and our decision to sign on with Fed Ex CC is one that we have not regretted.

MILITARY MOM AND PROUD OF IT

rollnthunder

Expert Expediter
Well in my case i cant do any worse by going to fedex c.c. My check last 2 weeks was $1000 and this 2 weeks it looks like $1300...So i have nothing to loose...lol

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Everything we're hearing from "E", tractor-trailer drivers for Fed Ex CC on the road is that they are very busy right now, and from watching our c-link, they usually dispatch before the rest of us. Hope this helps.
MILITARY MOM AND PROUD OF IT

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
only way to do fedexcc now is with team
as you will be able to get longer runs
i did ok for 11 years with fedexcc

but if you do a short run say 200 miles or 300 miles as a single
driver you are done for until the next day if you were a team you
would be able to take the run and go again
as the single driver is done for
they are unbending on 520 for c and d units miles to pu and drop off
if over 520 total they will transfer the load or not give it to
just a bit of info

rollnthunder

Expert Expediter
>only way to do fedexcc now is with team
>as you will be able to get longer runs
>i did ok for 11 years with fedexcc
>
>but if you do a short run say 200 miles or 300 miles as a
>single
>driver you are done for until the next day if you were a
>team you
>would be able to take the run and go again
>as the single driver is done for
>they are unbending on 520 for c and d units miles to pu and
>drop off
>if over 520 total they will transfer the load or not give it
>to
>just a bit of info

Geo,That goes with just about any company and any kind of truck.Two drivers means that the truck can role non stop.But also from what i hear the only way to team is if your husband and wife.So the income is going only into one house not 2 different ones.Also you can do alright with being a solo driver as long as you and the company get along and you dont rub them the wrong way.Well anyways everyone has there opinions on this issure.But i do understand what you are saying.Yes you will make more money as a Team.