"Incoming Cell Phone Calls"

wwgx90

Rookie Expediter
Any body else receiving incoming cell phone calls about lowering your finance rate and you can not get rid of them? I have tried to ask the callers to remove me from their calling list - they hang up on me. When you redial one of these numbers that has called you, it is a non working number. I have tried to ignore these calls hoping they would go away to no avail. I called the FCC(888 225-5322) today and they sent me, via email, a form #1088G that deals with unwanted cell phone calls. If anyone else is receiving these type of calls, please request and fill out this form. Maybe if enough people complain something might get done, but don't hold your breath.

rockytopman2

Seasoned Expediter
When I unwanted cell phone calls, I immediately go in my phone and set it up as a new contact as DNA (do not answer) and set up a specific ringtone (I use Crickets).
This immediately lets me know to ignore the call. Sooner or later they will get tired of calling and leave u alone. Use the same ringtone 4 all calls you don't want.. Hope this helps u.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When one of these numbers call, I let it go without answering. Later, I look up the number on Google and invariably it's a scam site.

Honest businesses do not hide behind spoofed phone numbers. Anybody who would call from a spoofed number is not honest and I don't want to do business with people so dishonest they lie to me before I even answer the phone.

dancorn

Veteran Expediter
I too have asked to be removed from their list to no avail. Today i tried a new tactic, i talked to them for several minutes and when they asked for my current c.c. percentage i said just a minute and i will get it. I then laid down the phone and let them kill their time until they hung up. I plan to continue this tact until they put me on their a..hole list to avoid.
Try it, it will make you feel better.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Go all Liam Neeson on them.

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for money, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you never call me again, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you do call me again, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Turtle's solution is by far the better and preferable solution but another option is to put your cell number on the do not call registry. It won't stop them all but it may reduce the number.

Mdbtyhtr

Expert Expediter
There is an app called Mr. Number that will catch these numbers and you only get 1 ring.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

wwgx90

Rookie Expediter
Don't know if it works, but when I talked to the FCC they advised me to hit the # button on your telephone at least 3 times and that will remove your tel. no. from that calling number. Never heard of that procedure, but I am trying it!