in regards to my prev question

wombat4412

Seasoned Expediter
yes i know i am not from the usa but been here in this great country 8 yrs and made a lot of good friends & seem some great scencery but my question is i hold a full green card as a ( perm res ) but was always under the thought that customs, border patrol, immg officers was the only ones available to ask to see it i am going to be in at immgration next week taking my exam for usa citzenship must ask on this question but if any ex / current state troopers can answer it or local officers can you view my green card ?
well i guess i will know sooner than later
by the way i will be very proud to call myself a US CITZEN after my exam
EXPAT AUSSIE
wombat

but you know it is like that song i will always call australia home
by peter allen

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I asked a friend and she said she can’t answer whether or not it is lawful, she is a MSP trooper. The only reason she would ask is if there is a problem with the license itself, like you living at one address and there is another on the license. She mentioned that she would also ask if you have an international license and claim that you are working here. I know a bunch Canadians do not need a green card to work here unless they want to live here. It has been mentioned that a holder of a green card has preferential treatment when it comes to schools of higher education.

My former manager refused to show his green card to any one other than a federal officer, he was prone to being pulled over because of his constant speeding. I remember he was hassled about it but stood his ground.

I would actually ask at the immigration office about this to be sure.

Good luck on the test.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Wombatt, try to make it tho the Expo at the end of July in Wilmington Ohio. Many years ago I worked with some Aussies,they were great mates and a lot of fun to be with.