In Loving Memory!

Pappy

Expert Expediter
Aftre doing my post under "Post traumatic stress syndrome for truckers" I felt compelled to do this one. I feel that I was trained by one of the industrys best drivers and thank God I've got maybe over 5 million miles behind me to show for that training. My father not only explained to me how to do certain things but more importantly, WHY they should be done in a certain manner. Not a single day goes by in my life that I'm not reminded of my father and the things he taught me. So, each day I do my job with pride in loving memory of:
William O.(Bill) Cox aka "Roadranger"
1919-1984
37 year veteran driver and O/O
Pappy
:)

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
I read Your post. I just wanted to add A IN MEMORY OF
My dad was not always around when I was growing up he was not a truck driver but he was a telephone contractor. He drove some times a couple of hundred of miles a day to get to his job. When i could i went with him. Then over the years i grew up and apart from my dad.Made plenty of very bad decisions.
In Ocotber 2003 he went in to exploritery surgers on his lungs he had emphyzema when they opened him up he was filled with cancer of atleast 3 diffrent organs. they closed him up he never woke up. He was let go on Nov 3 2003. I was sitting in county jail doing 1 year. I never got to say good by or tell him I loved him. But i remember a song that helps HOLES IN THE FLOOR OF HEAVEN that helps. i know he is watching me and knowing he is proud of me is the best feeling ever.

Richard Davis Muller
1947-2003
I will always love you

God Bless and Keep Rolling

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Pappy

Thanks for the great post about your father. I'm sure he was a great man. My father loved trucking so much that he wouldn't leave the road.
My fahter was leased on to TST when he got out of his C-Unit to go into his house to get his com card and died in the doorway of his house. My father had over 40 years on the road and he thought Expediting was so great that he parked his big truck and bought a C-unit.

God Bless all the Fathers of Drivers that taught us all about trucking.

Drive safe
Dave Mayfield
FedEx Custom Critical
13 years as an O/O in Expediting.