Immigration Control??

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I'm not complaining, you see, but, I wonder if the Native Americans should have had in place a more stringent Immigration Control?? I ponder this question as I watch my grandchildren play in the yard.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
If that were true I would not be here considering all the Irish, German, and Cherokee Indian blood running through my vains.

Danny

MSinger

Expert Expediter
And they had not yet developed the wonderful welfare system we have today. They used the common sense approach back then...."A S S, G A S or G R A S S no one rides for free".

Oh, the good ole days!!!!

2002 GMC Savana 3500 DRW 15' cube 10,000 GVWR "Old Yeller"
former Penske truck

tec1959

Expert Expediter
Col I agree,Also the Native Americans get less than any other group of people.But you know they don't just sit back and Bi**h about everything.They are different than any other culture of people they work pretty hard for what they have...Not like some groups who say Let's sit back and see what we can get from the Government now...

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
In many areas the natives did enforce the "your not welcome to our lands". But the immigrants had better technology and weapons and forced their way in. So the natives lost the wars. If the natives had stopped fighting each other and banded together early on during the invasion, they could have won and thrown the immigrants out. But they could not and would not give up their old rivalries and some befreided the immigrants (look where that got them).
So here we are today. Think about it, if the natives had won we would be in a very crowded europe and be driving the autobahn in a Mercedes truck spending euros instead of dollars and paying as much as $4.50 a gallon! We would have to have a basic knowledge of no less than 5 languages as well (do think so? I know I lived in eastern France for 3 years).

Rob Fis