IFTA Decals question

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Noticed that the trucks IFTA Decals are expired as well as expired paper permit, owner could not locate these items. A call to safety was made, and they said our IFTA expiration was extended until the end of February. Does this sound correct to anyone ? I'm a bit worried about running with the expired decals, and permit.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
This happens nearly every year with the Fed, you will be okay running the expired decals. On a bright note, when they extend them to the end of Feb. they usually show up pretty quick.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
We are in a bit worse condition, as not only are the decals expired, but the morons at blue beacon have completely destroyed the stickers.

We've got a surprise for them this year tho' we bought the permit holders with the hinges so that when one of their employee's gets bored and just keeps spraying one spot from an inch away he wont be able to erase the sticker.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
This happens nearly every year with the Fed, you will be okay running the expired decals. On a bright note, when they extend them to the end of Feb. they usually show up pretty quick.

Good to know ! Needed a second opinion , now I can breathe easier. Thanks for that . Looking for a beacon soon. Salt all over the truck.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Our new ones showed up today. Our old ones faded out as well, first time that ever happened.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Our new ones showed up today. Our old ones faded out as well, first time that ever happened.

We had never had a problem until this year also, just wonder if they changed vendors on the stickers trying to save a few bucks with inferior stickers?

We also just got our 2012 stickers in the mail.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We had never had a problem until this year also, just wonder if they changed vendors on the stickers trying to save a few bucks with inferior stickers?

We also just got our 2012 stickers in the mail.

Or lowered the specs to cut costs

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It was a delamination problem with our stickers, as the printed part separated completely from the adhesive part, and it proving to be difficult to remove from the truck.

Same problem we had. We have not tried to remove them yet. Just got the new ones today. Might try tomorrow if it is not too cold to put the new ones on.

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
If you call the fed, they'll send you new stickers at any time during the year. Our green part mostly peeled away a couple months ago. Blue Beacon is trying to remove every sticker on the cab, but never the tape on the box from placards. I still have to soak and pick at those :/