If your engine dies...

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
Let's say you are 2000 miles away from your home and mechanics that you know and your engine breaks down. Anyone had that happen? Please share your experience with getting it fixed and back in the road. I hear some shops really take advantage of drivers?

Sent from my SM-J337A using EO Forums mobile app

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Let's say you are 2000 miles away from your home and mechanics that you know and your engine breaks down. Anyone had that happen? Please share your experience with getting it fixed and back in the road. I hear some shops really take advantage of drivers?

You are SOL.

Reactions: ntimevan

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

You are SOL.
latest

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you can’t get the vehicle to your home area, hope to find a good local mechanic.

If it be possible to patchwork it up enough to get you home, do that. Otherwise, you bite the bullet wherever you’re at.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I do some patchwork. Get it to VA where GreasyShirt takes care of my trunk. I have gone over 400 miles DH just to get it there. Thank God my Hino has been good to me.