Ice

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
In the summer months I enjoy just getting a cup of Ice and letting it melt, and than sucking little by little the cold water.

Now for my question. You take one ice machine that lets say its ice is 10F and now take one that the ice is 26F, obviously your gona have the second cup melt faster, but will the water be any colder?
Taking into count that you have 2oz of water at a time to sip and you start with no liquid at all in the cup.

Dont ask me why I thought of such a dumb question but do you ever ask yourself a dumb question?

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Broom:

The melted water will be the same, at 32+ degrees, in each cup. If the water was any colder it would be ice again.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If the cups are the same size I think the difference in the temperature of the water might be measurable although small if one cup had crushed ice and one had cubed ice. That is just a thought because the crushed ice will have more surface area in the water than the cubed ice. I have no scientific data or knowledge to say for sure. That's just what comes to mind thinking about the question.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hope you guys don't get called in for a random drug screen tomorrow.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Just thought you might find this interesting . For a science project a high school student checked the bacteria levels of ice and toilet water from a fast food restaurant . The ice had more bacteria . I read this in the newspaper myself a few months ago .realtechnews.com/posts/2680