Ice storm - Oklahoma and surrounding areas

bamapeople2006

Expert Expediter
Hoping all my fellow expediters are steering clear of the perils of winter. I see on the weather map, that nasty stormfront is making its way east. 21 dead so far from this storm!! Be careful out there!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Thanks for bringing up the topic. My thoughts too were with expediters of all stripes as this killer storm passed.

Diane and I got lucky. On Friday, we picked up a load in Philadelphia to deliver in California on Monday. It rained all the way to Nebraska but we saw only couple short stretches of ice. We got far enough ahead of the load that we could work in a couple of naps in a non-moving truck (always nice). When we woke up in Wyoming, it was to clear skies, dry roads and sub-zero weather. It got gradually warmer as we proceeded and we delivered on time.

bamapeople2006

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the heads up. Lana and I are heading for Cali tomorrow, out of Virginia. We are taking a more southerly route than you guys took, which routes us through OKC, Amarillo, etc. (I40), I know thats where the lion's share of trouble has been thus far. Too good a load to say no, though.

bamapeople2006

Expert Expediter
I've had problems getting back east out of California, in the past. I hope that this time is different. I won't waste too much time worrying about it this time, I'll get a backhaul or two if i have to.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Take care, Bama - the latest death toll is 36, and OK was advising drivers to stay home earlier today.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
>U guys have any problem getting loaded to come back east
>from cali?

Typically, when we deliver in California we will run freight out west for a while until an eastbound load pops up. This time, the very next load was back east. Unless there is a non-freight reason (Christmas, training, business meeting, etc.) to get back east, we're happy to run in California and other western states.