I44 From Eureka MO TO 270 Closed

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I 44 from Eureka MO to I 270 is closed due to flooding, water is over the road, from Pacific MO to I 270 the roads have water on them....call MODOT for all roads impacted...it hasnt crested yet, and folks its bad, my town Alton IL is flooded, as are many citys where leveees have breached...I live above it and were safe but so many will lose everything just days after Christmas, please be cautious when travelling through ....

Reactions: Treadmill and xiggi

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
The news keeps getting worse, evidently 55 will close and traffic is at a near standstill, as the crest approaches, Its getting hard to get around Jefferson County area, and after the other roads and streets close there could be literally no way in and no way out. Valley Park, Fenton, High Ridge, Pacific, Arnold MO if you need to deliver or pickup in these areas you better call ahead...I 55 at Meremac Bottom Road already has water over three lanes, and its expected they will close it.
If your delivering in these areas i would park and wait for the rush to end, its just a huge mess down there, Alton IL and some other Metro East towns, Pontoon Beach has some flooding but I believe the truck stop is not affected, they have varying degrees of flooding, 67 North is open thru Alton but the roads may be closed at anytime, 67 South is closed as water is over the road on the low side of 67....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Another major interstate was closed Thursday morning near St. Louis as severe flooding persisted and, in some areas, got even worse.

Officials said a stretch of Interstate 55 was shut down near the Meramec River due to floodwaters. The closure affected a stretch of the freeway near the border of St. Louis and Jefferson counties, south of the city. In the state of Missouri, I-44 remained closed in three locations, and there were also two closures along I-80.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
20151229_160600.jpg

The St. Louis area is increasingly difficult to drive through, as floodwaters have poured over two interstate highways and hundreds of other spots on smaller roads.

The Missouri Department of Transportation closed a 24-mile stretch of Interstate 44 southwest of St. Louis on Wednesday, and shut down three miles of Interstate 55 south of St. Louis about 1:30 a.m. Thursday.

With I-55 closed, the only north-south alternative is Highway 231. But traffic there is backing up with cars and trucks that would normally be on I-55.

MoDOT spokeswoman Marie Elliott says motorists who can stay home should do so.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
This intersection in the picture is now under about two feet of water, the red line on the Flour mill is the high water mark of 1993 when there would have been 8 feet of water in the downtown area, good news is the rivers are starting to crest and reced soon...but downstream in Chester and Memphis they may suffer some awful flooding...