I present the President of the United States..

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Barack Hussein Obama Jr.

Yes I think that he will put a stop to hillary but it will be a fight.

But what has he done?

Is he even good enough to run?

What the **** does he stand for?

I have yet found anything that states his position on any issues.

I find his record rather sparse and know that the media is just going crazy over him, like he was a reincarnated JFK.

The funniest thing I have heard is the comparison to another Illnois politictian who spent some time in the state senate and went on to bigger things - that person was Lincoln. Big, big difference.

Black Sheep

Expert Expediter
Obama graduated from Harvard Law school in 1991 and moved to Chicago to direct a voter registration project. After that he worked for a civil rights law firm and taught constitutional law at University of Chicago Law School. He was elected to the IL state senate in 1996 and served until he was elected to the US Senate in 2004. Prior to law school he worked for a company called Business International Corp for one year. He is a career politician who has no managerial or executive business experience whatsoever. His voting record shows him to be as far left as Ted Kennedy. Personally, I see nothing that even remotely qualifies him to be a candidate for President.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As leftist and worthless as Hilary and even less experienced. He's done nothing and shouldn't be given a second thought. To be compared to Lincoln is ludicrous. The worst part is he'll get elected.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
If he's a constitution expert, why the hell is he a Democrat???

I know why he's a media darling, but I won't say.

And the puck was black...

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Barack Obama sounds like another media creation to siphon off the anti-war sentiment back to the Dem. party. He is no more credible than any other Dem. Hillary has a problem cause she supported the war at the outset, and still does. The only difference tween her and Lieberman (wanna be Republican) is she is not as forthright as he is... Both parties support the war, period.
The only difference is tactics. The new surge will go into Sadr City. More body bags coming soon- the Mahdi army has 100,000 members at least.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
What surge? I think the proper term is 'increase in troop deployment'.

You know the media is trying to spin this, Surge - Insurgence, is there a reason for the use of these two words?

Maybe replacing them with terrorist and increase in troop deployment we will have more acurate picture.

Well about Obama, there is a lot coming out of his background from his colleuge's investigation group, the "Hillary will be elected at any cost" team and I find it funny that she is now on the offensive to take him out. I hope he does not end up like Vince Foster and others who got in the Clintons way. I think that describing Hillary on a local show here in Indy, she is a viel, ruthless person.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
And women are supposed to be a kinder, gentler president? HAH! The women in the news are some of the most ruthless ppl on the planet... especially the business women.

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
He is THE ONLY canidate who smelled the smoke bush and the boys were blowing up our a**** about Iraq.
That makes him the only canidate who knew the truth about this fiasco,and that makes him a he** of alot smarter then those who went along on the joy ride and now want to change their opinion.
He looks like the only straight shooter of the bunch Mr. Greg

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I agree with you Cal.

I don't mind people questioning the qualifications of canidates. But, when they make fun of their name it gets alittle old.

They say Obama doesn't have any experience. He is educated and seems to know what is right and wrong. Somewhat different for the guy at 1600 Penn. Ave now.

Why don't you guys come up with some real reasons for bashing everything to the left of your viewpoint?

Road Hooligan

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>I agree with you Cal.
>
>I don't mind people questioning the qualifications of
>canidates. But, when they make fun of their name it gets
>alittle old.
>
>They say Obama doesn't have any experience. He is educated
>and seems to know what is right and wrong. Somewhat
>different for the guy at 1600 Penn. Ave now.
>
>Why don't you guys come up with some real reasons for
>bashing everything to the left of your viewpoint?

Well first I am not bashing him or making fun of his name, it is as I copied it from his website to make sure it was correct. I do give him a lot of credit getting elected like he did.

It seems that the Hillary camp has been putting out information (they have denied it but for some reason some names keep popping up in the press - maybe a case for another Hillary plausible deniablity spin?) that he was educated in Muslim schools in Indonesia and amazingly that information used to reside on his website and his bio on wikipedia but now changed to show he was educated at Catholic and Muslim schools which I understood is looked down on by the Muslim community in Indonesia.

Second I am asking what has he done, I mean what bills has he created or sponsored (I know of a few, one of which is very unamerican), what has he brought back to his consituents? Both of these points have something to do with leadership qualities and action of a leader. His voting record does not really count simply because it is a vote, not an action. remember we are talking about a person who lost his bid for a house seat and his challenger, Bobby Rush. said that Obama had not "been around the first congressional district long enough to really see what's going on."

I find that I hear a lot of stuff about him, but so what if he taught law, so what if he did or that - all of that really don't count. As for Hillary, she is evil and she has a clear track record of being evil but with her, you know all that from her years playing president. But with Obama, you just don't know what he can do unless he does something in the senate other then voting.

The point I think that most of you are missing is that he has been the focus of the media (maybe because of the Oprah connection, she may have twisted some arms here) but Hillary has for the most part been clear she wants the nomination and does not want to have him take the minority vote away from her. As of today, the speculation is she announced her running quietly to avoid problems with Edwards who seems to be getting into the swing of things now. Both Hillary and Obama are in the senate and both have a lot to worry about from Edwards who is not and can say things that they can't.

Oh one last thing about hillary, It seems that Richard Morris does not like her and after reading a few things about what he thinks and how he points out that a Rodham administration will ruin the country, maybe leaving Bush in office would not be a bad idea if she gets nominated - this comes from the guy who is a dyed in the wool democrat and ran Clinton's campaign in '96. He seems to know a lot about the behind the scenes dealings that she has done and how she operates, maybe it is wise advice.

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
That sure is alot of words to just bash people.

Maybe Obama hasn't done much yet. Bush wasn't exactly well qualified either......and look at how well he is doing!

Road Hooligan

Jayman

Expert Expediter
Ok, thats it. I am going to run for President. If you would like to be considered for vice or one of my cabinet positions...let me know. I will need all the help I can get. :+

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Road Hooligan,
I think being governor of a large state does qualify - it did for bill clinton but again bush was a business owner too.

Not defending Bush, but I find that;

The dems have others who are better qualified and would by far make a better and more effective president than Obama, Hillary and Edwards. They s**t on one, Leiberman who for all intent and purpose is a far better politician than all three of them put together.

we have the focus of three people who only one is open about what she feels is right from our past experinces. The other two are somewhat vague on issues but got the backing of a lot of very left wing, very liberal people who want to see this county damaged - Soros being one.

Being politically honest, many people who would like to see Bush go don't have a clue what others are doing to get the 'right' people in power. Take Soros for example, look at his Open Society Institute and all the groups he has given money to or supported in one way or another. Some of these groups are just a bunch of nuts who want to see the end of the US.