I need an attorney!

marknolen

Active Expediter
Good afternoon all!
I don't want to go into the whole story here because it is lengthy. I discovered through FedEx Custom Critical when I tried to get into their White Glove that a "Preventable" had been placed on my record by a company I used to work for called Forward Air. It appears this has been on my record for two years without my knowing it and the charges are completely false. I was accused of hitting a bridge and leaving the scene of an accident. This all came about after they fired me for refusing to drive past the legal 11 hour rule while up in Chicago. After talking with the vice president of safety at Forward Air, I asked for the witness name they said that had called and reported seeing me hit a bridge. I asked for the insurance report/claim because hitting bridges causes damage, I asked where is the police report and why didn't the police arrest me for leaving the scene of an accident. The vice president told me that they didn't have a witness name because the person only called in and reported it. And because I was in the area it must have been me that hit the bridge. There must have been a ton of Forward Air drivers in that area because the terminal is close by. The vice president said that they didn't make a claim because there was not that much damage so therefore they didn't call the police. So with all this insufficient evidence they marked me down for a preventable without giving me any notice or a chance to stand up for myself and it has been on my record for the last two years without me knowing it.

With the tough standards that are being placed on drivers these days any mark against the driver sticks regardless of whether it is true or false unless the driver hires and attorney to do the fighting. This is why I am writing. I need an attorney that specializes in this sort of case. But I want a attorney that is reputable and well known. It is worth the money to clear my name. This bogus claim has caused me to not get a good paying job with FedEx, and because of that it has caused me lost wages, not to mention stress.

Can anyone suggest a very good attorney to handle this type of work?
Thank you!

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
Good luck to you. I cannot help with your request, but I'm wondering if you can just argue this with DAC? Have you ever checked your DAC report?
Does anyone know if FDCC checks DAC?

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Fed ex cc should see ur DAC. Both wife and i sent it to them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
You can send a letter to dac refuting the claim. You can also call OOIDA which will guide you through that type of process.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Call OOIDA & ask specifically for the firm that just won the DAC class action case.
they just won a few millions, and will be happy to spend it.
i'd bet just a simple letter with their name on to DAC will win your record back.

my name was on the class action, along with some 1541 other drivers,
i deposited the check into my bank account 2 weeks ago.
it felt great !

and may i say good for you for fighting back !
please let us know how it turn out to be.
Good luck.