I love sun micro systems

bigshow345

Seasoned Expediter
I have a Black Box mobile data center connected to my truck. Its housed in a 20 foot shipping container that sun micro systems makes specific for this set up. Plug it in to a water and power source and network source and you can manage all kinds of web based applications. Cost, more than my truck. The plus side is they are paying detention time because there customer wants it connected to my truck so it can be moved around.

Money in the bank :D

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are you pulling it on a standard container chassis? Air ride on the chassis? Why the water connection, is there a toilet and shower in there for the IT geek?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That could be. Water is cheaper than helium or some other gas.

bigshow345

Seasoned Expediter
The container is the trailer. The water connections are for the passive heat fins. When it gets really hot from all the I T equipment going the water flowing through the fins absorbs the heat. Kinda like a trans cooler in a truck.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Reminds me of an oversized version of those wicked gamer's PCs, like Alienware & such. Liquid cooling, $5000 sticker price, etc. Neat as heck but overkill for posting on a forum, IMHO...

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Im not a computer geek like A friend of mine who has the alienware setup and a few other computers that are water cooled he is running some serious hardware. Price tag about five or six grand for the cheap setup.
Bob Wolf

OldGuy

Active Expediter
Im not a computer geek like A friend of mine who has the alienware setup and a few other computers that are water cooled he is running some serious hardware. Price tag about five or six grand for the cheap setup.
Bob Wolf

For the price alienware is a joke. I can make the same rig for half the cost of an alienware rig.