I guess you heard...

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
The Nashville T/A has reopened. There was a story on the home page of EO about it. What wasn't mentioned was a local comment they made to their neighbors. They announced that they guarantee the pests such as rats and roaches have been removed. But admitted that even with all the remodeling and high tech security, there may still be a few Lizards seen from time to time running around the lot.................

BTW..on a serious note,
Any one heard that Love's is building or remodeling a site about MM 140ish on I40 in TN. I heard that it is supposed to be the biggest TS in TN. With parking for 175 trucks. I did see a Loves sign that said "coming soon", but don't remember the exact yardstick. It was around the 140 I think. I looked on their site, but found nothing about it.

Also....
Have you seen the new ramps on I65N between MM5 & MM6? That's north of the Alabama line. That's going to be Tennessee's newest weigh station. Supposed to be a super high tech one. Think the budget is a little tight right now though. I can not find any info on it online.

Oh well. That's the latest from Tenn.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
All those truck stops in the Smyrna area are dumps. If had to be in that area, I always found a Wal Mart or went on to the Love's in Christiana.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
Also heard last night, that the old truck stop on top of Monteagle mountain, Tn (I24) has been bought by Pilot. Of course this is CB talk, but I know the old one is closed and I heard it has been torn down already. It was a pretty nasty one, but could always find a parking spot there. May have to park in a mud hole, but it beat nothing. I may just be spreading rumors, but we all know that if a truck driver tells you something, it is the truth.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Also heard last night, that the old truck stop on top of Monteagle mountain, Tn (I24) has been bought by Pilot. Of course this is CB talk, but I know the old one is closed and I heard it has been torn down already. It was a pretty nasty one, but could always find a parking spot there. May have to park in a mud hole, but it beat nothing. I may just be spreading rumors, but we all know that if a truck driver tells you something, it is the truth.

Was that a Phillips 66 ?

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I remember stopping at the Monteagle Truck Stop a few times. If I'm correct was a great restaurant just west of there had the best food next to home cooking.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
Was that a Phillips 66 ?

I am not sure what brand fuel they had. It was an independent owned. I stopped there once to sleep and it was a rough looking, dimly lit place. Rest rooms were terrible. Had coffee in little styro cups with no lids. One other time I stopped to help a friend put a fuel line on his truck in the parking lot. Really was dump.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I remember stopping at the Monteagle Truck Stop a few times. If I'm correct was a great restaurant just west of there had the best food next to home cooking.

If you cross the bridge and go about a quarter of a mile there is a great rest/on the left. :D

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
The Nashville T/A has reopened. There was a story on the home page of EO about it. What wasn't mentioned was a local comment they made to their neighbors. They announced that they guarantee the pests such as rats and roaches have been removed. But admitted that even with all the remodeling and high tech security, there may still be a few Lizards seen from time to time running around the lot.................

BTW..on a serious note,
Any one heard that Love's is building or remodeling a site about MM 140ish on I40 in TN. I heard that it is supposed to be the biggest TS in TN. With parking for 175 trucks. I did see a Loves sign that said "coming soon", but don't remember the exact yardstick. It was around the 140 I think. I looked on their site, but found nothing about it.

Also....
Have you seen the new ramps on I65N between MM5 & MM6? That's north of the Alabama line. That's going to be Tennessee's newest weigh station. Supposed to be a super high tech one. Think the budget is a little tight right now though. I can not find any info on it online.

Oh well. That's the latest from Tenn.

Another large trkstop,,,cant wait,,for that.