Cargo Van I got kicked out of a Flying J

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm surprised more walmarts don't ban us. I've seen so much landscape screwed up from big trucks dragging their wheels over curbs it's crazy. Even at one that had only been open a couple weeks.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm surprised more walmarts don't ban us. I've seen so much landscape screwed up from big trucks dragging their wheels over curbs it's crazy. Even at one that had only been open a couple weeks.
Well..they actually are...the stores with security cars are allowing big trucks to park to shop but have a 2 hr limit...at more and more stores.....I have been getting in the habit when I see the security to ask what the policy is....saves getting all tucked in and then bang bang bang on the door....you have to leave! LOL
I was at one in Illinois and the manager himself comes out every morning waking them all up...They are targeting the bigger trucks...as you've seen they are really tearing up the curbing and landscaping...

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I never really took it personal if I wasn't allowed to park sonewhere. Sometimes it's city ordinance, sometimes it's space or actions of those before you that lead to the policy. Heck sometimes the manager or security guy is in a pissy mood. Stuff happens.
True but is it the company policy
I never park in town I always get out of town to park
Could it be because some outher expiditer dumped his or her trash in their lot?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well..they actually are...the stores with security cars are allowing big trucks to park to shop but have a 2 hr limit...at more and more stores.....I have been getting in the habit when I see the security to ask what the policy is....saves getting all tucked in and then bang bang bang on the door....you have to leave! LOL
I was at one in Illinois and the manager himself comes out every morning waking them all up...They are targeting the bigger trucks...as you've seen they are really tearing up the curbing and landscaping...
2 hours should give you enough time to clear the parking lot of change. ;);)

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I dont sit a Walmarts etc I use pilot,TA, mom and pop truckstop I buy from pilot,TA for one reason parking spot so if they don't want to provide me one I can spend my money elsewhere. Lol

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What's going to happen if you get kicked out of a Pilot? And then a TA? And then a Petro?

Reactions: ucfd608

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
What's going to happen if you get kicked out of a Pilot? And then a TA? And then a Petro?
Since I have found phone numbers to main office usely it is fixed in a few minutes
Funny how main offices look at logical complaints

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I dont use Petro except Atlanta GA. and as soon as I can find a better spot around Atlanta that can give me easy access to Atlanta I won't be using them

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
I dont use Petro except Atlanta GA. and as soon as I can find a better spot around Atlanta that can give me easy access to Atlanta I won't be using them
I like Petro's. Their one of the only truck stops left that still cater to drivers. Pilots and loves are glorified gas stations. Flying J's are places to live in your car, sell drugs and give your kids back to their moms on your visitation weekends. I'm still trying to figure out what TA's are trying to do.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I like Petro's. Their one of the only truck stops left that still cater to drivers. Pilots and loves are glorified gas stations. Flying J's are places to live in your car, sell drugs and give your kids back to their moms on your visitation weekends. I'm still trying to figure out what TA's are trying to do.
Yea but the Petro at Atlanta for some reason doesn't leave me feeling to safe
And finding a spot where I feel safe around Atlanta with out going way out seems to be a problem

CintVan

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tell them no problem you've been kicked out of better than this and move on lol and if you have purchased something still in the box tell the idiot sure...but I have to first return this....

Reactions: Windsor and xmudman

guido4475

Not a Member
I think they are more lenient towards vans versus big trucks.

guido4475

Not a Member
Tell them no problem you've been kicked out of better than this and move on lol and if you have purchased something still in the box tell the idiot sure...but I have to first return this....
But what is returning an item that you obviously wanted going to do, besides inconvenience you, anyways? That little profit margin they lose off of your returned item isn't going to bankrupt them.

That's almost as ridiculous as a driver going home, and parking his vehicle for a few months, to " teach his carrier a lesson" over low rates....lol..

Absolutely ludicrous.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
But what is returning an item that you obviously wanted going to do, besides inconvenience you, anyways? That little profit margin they lose off of your returned item isn't going to bankrupt them.

That's almost as ridiculous as a driver going home, and parking his vehicle for a few months, to " teach his carrier a lesson" over low rates....lol..

Absolutely ludicrous.
I'll teach them I'll go out of service they won't make any money with me LOL

Reactions: ntimevan and TDave

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
While I wouldn't bankrupt a truckstop chain by not using them
I can give my few pennys to another chain
Or even better use gas buddy and buy gas cheaper and park here and there
But I lose the ability to use 24 hour bathrooms and early morning coffee
Its like bidding a load for less than gas money to keep wheels turning