I found this interesting article on another websit

riverrat2000

Seasoned Expediter
his is a C/P [ I did add a few sentences of my own to it] from another forum but wow after the first part I agree with a lot of what is said,in fact I am going to send this too all of the political candidates running for office and let them know that the first one to declare this war gets my vote.
While I am no Bush lover by any means, this is one you cannot lay at his feet, some years ago he tried to get congress to open up Alaska and the gulf to drilling, congress and the tree huggers stopped it, he wanted to fast track nuclear power plants, congress and the tree huggers stopped or at least slowed it to a crawl, he wanted to also fast track new refineries and of course congress and the tree huggers stopped it, and clean coal technologies you guessed it,congress and the tree huggers will not even think about it!
So on to plan two, and what idiot [bush along with congress and the tree huggers]] thought it was such a good idea to make fuel out of our food stocks so now we cannot afford to buy our fuel,heat or homes and soon we will have a hard time feeding our families!!!
I am waiting on the first candidate for president to come out and declare war on energy, say that we need a manhattan style project to once and for all find a solution to the energy problem ##### if they could come up with the nuclear bomb from scratch in a few short years back in the 40"s surely today this problem can be whipped.
I will even give them a hint, expanded nuclear power for our electrical needs and hydrogen for our mobile and heating needs in fact hydrogen, which can very easily be made from sea water and the emissions end up being oxygen and pure water, so no pollution, a tree huggers dream!, and even better could replace natural gas for heating purposes very quickly and at a relatively low cost. The infrastructure is already in place, [the pipelines] and all that is really needed is for the equipment using it to be adjusted for it.
And for mobile use "cars" add some research dollars to find the answer to the storage problem and all of a sudden you have a "0" polluting car and an end to our energy crisis.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
RE: I found this interesting article on another we

But Riverrat you are missing one important thing, the environmentalist don't want to see solutions to our energy problem, they want us to live like we were in the stone age.

I got to add this to add.

I want to build an electric car (actually a sort of hybrid) for my wife because she drives 75 miles a day. Everything on the car can be bought here except the batteries - I have to get them from overseas. The problem with that is I am causing more pollution than I am preventing by having them shipped here. No US source is here that can sell me a battery for any reasonable cost, imported batteries cost $12K, domestic cost $97K - but I just can't justify a $112K car for her.

riverrat2000

Seasoned Expediter
RE: I found this interesting article on another we

and the oil companies don't want it, the politicians don't have the will for it, problem is we NEED it or the U.S. becomes a third world country. I have e-mailed this and put it on every site I belong too and believe me some of them sites are now asking WTF lol but get the word out to the masses and have them call their representatives and possibly the aforementioned reps. will all of a sudden find it within themselves to actually do something worthwhile.
so please all that read this pass it on to everyone in your address books and add to any websites you might belong too. nothing will get done unless we the people do it!!! oh and don't forget to send an e-mail or letter to your local reps.