I found a new consistant stream of income.

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
are you working for a carrier or directly with a plant? What size of truck do you have? How many miles is your avg run? Do you dh back to the factory?

bigshow345

Seasoned Expediter
Its mostly in Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan. I fly my own flag (run under my own authority) and my business partner responded to a craigslist ad in Gr mi to run retread tires from a retread plant in Wyoming Mi to Gaylord, Detroit, Kalamazoo and Flint Michigan and Gary Indiana and Chicago. Since I stay in Kentwood Michigan I get to come home more on a regular basis.

Anyways my truck is a Freight liner m2 rhl185 and I own a 35 foot flatbed trailer and 30 enclosed auto transport trailer. This retread plant does not care as long as you can get it on some form of a trailer or big truck they will ship it.

bigshow345

Seasoned Expediter
As far as how I charge this company I charge by each tire I move. Say I have 130 truck tires at 110 pounds a piece. 110x130 14300 pounds of tires x.75 = total bill. (This is just an example)

bigshow345

Seasoned Expediter
If you wanna make that cash, you got to think outside the box and have cash on hand to run under your own authority.