Canada I am a Canadian Company Finally. Finding LOADS?

Frappini

Expert Expediter
I've had my own company now for the last 6 months. Finally something more then $1.20 a mile. Loads paying from $1.90 to $2.72 a mile. Great and all. Those high paying loads cover the empty miles. I avg. a week about 1.96 to 2.22 sometimes on a good week witch is good. Bad thing is I only get about 2,400 to 2,500 miles a week. And I gots tons of bills to pay as a one trucking company. Less driving more pay.

I run from Ontario, windsor. To NYC, to Chicago and as far down as TN. mostly 500 miles away from home and back. Does anyone have any ideas of where to get good loads something steaddy? Once business picks up I'd like to hire O/O for deticated runs from Windsor, ON to GA! But the hard part is finding these loads I use a freight broker who books all my loads.

I have a list of 1,800 different brokers in North America, some pay good some pay 1.25 a mile and thats not enought to run on your own.
Be nice to get a contract but those arn't so easy to get ahold of and what not. Any tips?

Thanks, David

Stay safe and drive safe!

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
RE: I am a Canadian Company Finally. Finding LOADS

Since things seem to be slowing down a little it looks like you're not doing too bad. Keep looking for loads and good luck.
I've only found several short hauls paying better per mile. I had a few paying as high as $5 per mile, but few and far between.
Rob Fis

Frappini

Expert Expediter

Yeah I have latly. $500 for 108 miles. And i've done the 10 miles for $450 also in the pass. But i like to avg out in one week. $4250+ for 2200 miles. or so 1.93 that is right there. But i figured hiring o/o. paying them 1.30 for emply and laoded miles. offering 2200 miles would be good. i pay everything but fuel and there payments on the truck and take off -$200 a week for some kind of a fee like all companies do. some up to $400 a week.

Thanks, David [email protected]

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard

If I understand you correctly, you'd like to be a mini-fleet operator where you would offer an owner/operator a 2200 mile week at $1.30 per mile or $2860 per week. You then say you would charge them $200 or maybe $400 for some kind of fee like other companies charge.

What kind of fee would that be? Why do you find it necessary to charge such a fee?

FIS53

Veteran Expediter

Some companies here have a communications fee as a minimum plus other items are covered as well. The costs vary from place to place but the comm system does not cost anywhere near the price charged.
As a fleet owner...??? Not sure what items extra he's looking to cover. I can let my imagination run with it though!
Rob

Frappini

Expert Expediter

some companies here charge my friend $363 for insurance/plates and so on. others charge $700 for my cousin whos running a lot of miles but his making a lot so its different. some companies charge you a flat rate every month here lets say $500. because the company has to make money also.

But was wondering if there was anything out there thats better then load link.

>If I understand you correctly, you'd like to be a mini-fleet
>operator where you would offer an owner/operator a 2200 mile
>week at $1.30 per mile or $2860 per week. You then say you
>would charge them $200 or maybe $400 for some kind of fee
>like other companies charge.
>
>What kind of fee would that be? Why do you find it
>necessary to charge such a fee?

Frappini

Expert Expediter

Yeah its different from company to company. some of them just charge you for a % of what they feel is right. I was thinking $200 low fee.

You said you run ur own authorities or so?

> Some companies here have a communications fee as a minimum
>plus other items are covered as well. The costs vary from
>place to place but the comm system does not cost anywhere
>near the price charged.
>As a fleet owner...??? Not sure what items extra he's
>looking to cover. I can let my imagination run with it
>though!
>Rob

Frappini

Expert Expediter

>Since things seem to be slowing down a little it looks like
>you're not doing too bad. Keep looking for loads and good
>luck.
>I've only found several short hauls paying better per mile.
>I had a few paying as high as $5 per mile, but few and far
>between.
>Rob Fis

I had a few loads this week i couldn't cover 3 per day. I could only do 2 a day with the truck paing $500 from detroit to sarnia. We did nothing but that for a week. if you would like you can email me at [email protected]