I 75 S High Speed Chase. Expediter Safe

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member

Bolt Express van can be seen.

The Ohio State Highway Patrol has released cruiser camera video of a chase that ended with the suspect crashing and the car ending up on its top.

The chase happened Sunday afternoon, July 30, after OSP say a trooper noticed a person driving recklessly on I-75 Southbound near Piqua.

Troopers ended up chasing the driver southbound where speeds reached 100 mph. The driver ended up hitting another car, losing control and flipping the car on its top near Needmore Road. According to troopers, the driver had Michigan license plates and was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.

Edit note: I can't seem to get the LiveLeak version to post - which is shorter, but you do see the perp blow past the expediter.

Last edited:

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
I was surprised and impressed that the officer did not draw a gun when approaching the suspect's car. I noticed he did put gloves on prior to reaching the car. Kudos to the officer for keeping his cool.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As soon as I read "Michigan plates" I was expecting to see the corporate jet er Jag with the custom license plates.

Reactions: ntimevan