I-40 Bridge in Memphis

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Both lanes of the I-40 bridge in Memphis is down to one lane each way. It will be this way for about 80 days or so. They are making it earth quake safe for that 7.5 coming soon.....

I-55 south takes you away from this mess, but then again, everyone will be using that way as well.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Both lanes of the I-40 bridge in Memphis is down to one lane each way. It will be this way for about 80 days or so. They are making it earth quake safe for that 7.5 coming soon.....

I-55 south takes you away from this mess, but then again, everyone will be using that way as well.

I watched a special on tv about that quake that's coming...you planning on moving any time soon?

Sounds like it might be a little rough.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I watched a special on tv about that quake that's coming...you planning on moving any time soon?

Sounds like it might be a little rough.

Yeah,the last big one caused the Mississippi river to flow the wrong way and isolated a small part of Kentucky.:eek:

Any plans to earthquake-proof Graceland?

aristotle

Veteran Expediter

Eddie... Saturday I got a load from Central KY to Austin,TX. Instead of going down to Nashville to p/u Interstate 40, I followed a route through Fulton,Ky to Union City,Tn to I-55 South in Missouri to I-40 West in West Memphis, Arkansas. Been following this route for about a month, ever since signs went up about bridge repair on I-40 in Memphis. Much of this route is designated as Future I-69. Great route and bypasses Nashville and Memphis, altogether.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
never could understand why most people go the 75,71,65 40 route when going to tx. all the cities to go through and especially cincy, crashville and memphis. always something going on. the 70, 57, 55, 40 route is much less congested and flatter. we prefer this route and it really isnt much further. i can pull 2-3/10 better mpg this way also.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah,the last big one caused the Mississippi river to flow the wrong way and isolated a small part of Kentucky.:eek:

Any plans to earthquake-proof Graceland?

As it ran north it filled in ReelFoot Lake. Small towns were sunken due to the ground being turned into liquild.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That area is over due for a quake. There is also a large fault line under the NYC area that is over due.

Freightdawg

Expert Expediter
That area is over due for a quake. There is also a large fault line under the NYC area that is over due.

I really don't need to hear that! I'm about 3 miles from the mighty Mississippi and don't want to go swimming! It will be bad when it happens, though.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I really don't need to hear that! I'm about 3 miles from the mighty Mississippi and don't want to go swimming! It will be bad when it happens, though.

Yeah, it is one of those "when not if" things. That river changes all the time, as all rivers do. I think that it is on it's 17th outflow point.